Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

delicate flower

Evening run complete.  A decent run, as the second half of doubles go.  5.7 miles at 7:52 pace on a hill route.  13.3 miles on the day.  A good day of work.

<3

LRB

What up peeps?

I pushed my 12 mile change of pace tempo to today, because I was beat yesterday, so I wanted to be well rested.  Did it this morning and it went pretty well.  One thing I need to work on for the next one, my brain wants to make it a hard/easy effort, when it's actually supposed to be a hard/harder effort.  I went a lil too easy the 4 min steady segments, I'll work on that next time.  I'm very happy with my consistency on the 2min hard segments, and the fact that I still had some juice left to push a lil on the last 2/4 segment.  6:43 average pace for the whole 44 min tempo portion, slower than what I've been doing my LT runs at, but it was also pretty windy out there, so I'll take it.

6:31 - 4min
      6:35 - 4min
      6:36 - 2min
      6:48 - 4min
      6:27 - 2min
      6:53 - 4min
      7:02 - 4min
      7:01 - 4min
      7:08 - 4min
      6:18 - 2min
      6:40 - 4min

6:43 avg - 44min

I did not have the time to give this any attention today but damn that is 6 straight miles of kick me in the ass!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Left work late because I was trying to get stuff together to work from home tomorrow, assuming everything will be closed. Effectively doubled my commute home, so totally threw my evening off because I was ready to eat when I got home. Did upper body weights instead. Hopefully I'll have plenty of extra time to run tomorrow. Colleges have already announced they are closed, so the public schools will probably follow, hopefully before I go to bed.

Happy Birthday Zelanie!

Brilliant, glad you found some useful features on your watch. It took me forever to figure out what the lap button did. I also had my watch for well over a year before I discovered I could actually program intervals as opposed to staring at the watch. 

Mmmmm...beer

I did not have the time to give this any attention today but damn that is 6 straight miles of kick me in the ass!

It was a good one, that's for sure. I like the 2/4 segments, it was a nice way to break up the tempo miles, helps you stay focused in the moment instead of just thinking about how much of that 44 mins you have left. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Masters starts at 25 in Oregon?

Well played, sir.

Happy birthday, Zel!!

16 pseudo-sorta-long-medium-ish-miles.

workinprogress11

SRD. Hope you had a great birthday, Zelanie!

Also, Elliptical Fox, whom I've never seen run once in months and months (but she does work out hard), hopped on the TM next to me tonight and put in about a mile with absolutely lovely form.  #floored #twitterpated

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Also, Elliptical Fox, whom I've never seen run once in months and months (but she does work out hard), hopped on the TM next to me tonight and put in about a mile with absolutely lovely form.  #floored #twitterpated

Googled an absolutely interesting mixture of images found for Elliptical Fox...

Next too not as good as diagonally infront of, imo... of course my limited TM  usage means that is just my imagination...

B-Plus

I ran.