Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins Jam is Live in Effect (Read 17 times)

Brilliant

Hey I was lurking around in the other daily thread and heard a secret:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZELANIE!!!

GinnyinPA

Z - Happy Birthday!  Sounds like you had a great workout yesterday.

D - sorry about the lung congestion.  I hope you get it cleared up quickly.  do you have allergy shots again this week?

Brilliant - how awful about your accident, but at least you're not hurt, just badly shaken up.

Scott - good idea to do your run early.  Tonight does not sound like fun.

HM - good luck with rehearsal tonight.  I hope it is worth the time.  Have fun in the snow tomorrow.

Jack - good idea to take it easy and continue the ice and NSAIDs.

Lauren - hurray for running outside.  Do you have a park with cleared paths?  That snow is going to be slow to disappear.  Sorry about the flooding house.

AFM:  The rain has held off so far today, so I hope to get outdoors in a little while.  We have to take Ben to the vet though, as he is a very sick pup today, so I may end up on the TM.

Singer who runs a smidge

Ooh, happy birthday, Zel!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

AFM:  The rain has held off so far today, so I hope to get outdoors in a little while.  We have to take Ben to the vet though, as he is a very sick pup today, so I may end up on the TM.

What's wrong with Ben??  Hope he feels better soon!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Oh my goodness, good luck to everyone with their cars and houses and dogs!

And thank you for the well wishes, I have moved into the "masters" ag now.  Celebrating with dinner and cake later, though technically our Portland trip last weekend was part of the festivotoes.festivities

tracilynn

Brill and lauren hugs to you!

Zel , happy birthday master!

I'm at the dentist right now waiting for a cleaning. Ugh.

Had trigger point massage on knotted calves. Lady is a miracle worker.  Feels so much better & said to take a rest day.  Worth every penny and I can't wait to go back again.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Amazonian Princess

Happy Birthday, Zelanie!!!

Been sunk in a funk lately so I took today off work to sleep in (almost nine hours ) and go for a run because those are the 2 things I haven't gotten enough of and both usually make me feel better! Got a few other things to take care of for DH's birthday party later this month but today is about lifting my own spirits, you know?

I can. I will. I am. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, Zelanie!    Rude players on the track...I bet that made you a bit la cross..... 

Sorry about the congested lungs, Damaris, hope you can breathe better soon!

Good luck with your quartet, HsM...and no eye-rolling!

Glad you were able to get some miles in, Jack!  Also,sounds like a nice birthday evening with your daughter!

Sorry about your house, Lauren, but glad your insurance will cover it all.   Hope your outside run went well!

(((Brilliant!)))   So sorry about your car, but so glad you were able to walk away from the accident!  Vehicles can be replaced...you can't be!  Wow, no witnesses stopped, that's a shame, what the heck is wrong with people these days, no longer wanting to 'get involved'.  You know, here in Texas, if you witness an accident and keep on driving by, if someone gets your license number and turns you in, you can actually get a ticket here for 'failing to stop and render assistance'.   Hopefully, everything will work out for you!

Glad the trigger-point therapy worked for you, Traci!  While you are sitting there waiting for your cleaning....eat a bag of oreos before you go in....

Baconista in a funk about some junk, head fulla bunk, got no spunk,

Mental day is the way the girl gotta play, gotta take off work to find some perk so she won't shirk,

Gotta get her run on, make the funk gone!

Werd!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh my goodness, good luck to everyone with their cars and houses and dogs!

And thank you for the well wishes, I have moved into the "masters" ag now.  Celebrating with dinner and cake later, though technically our Portland trip last weekend was part of the festivotoes.festivities

And yet you still look 30-something!

Happy Birthday Zelanie!

Happy Birthday cartoons, Happy Birthday cartoon, funny, Happy Birthday picture, Happy Birthday pictures, Happy Birthday image, Happy Birthday images, Happy Birthday illustration, Happy Birthday illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

LOL about eating Oreos before my teeth cleaning. I waited 40 minutes and they still didn't call me back so I decided to leave. A-holes!  I hate that. I will just reschedule and eat Oreos prior then 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

That sucks, Brilliant!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Z - Happy Birthday!  Sounds like you had a great workout yesterday.

D - sorry about the lung congestion.  I hope you get it cleared up quickly.  do you have allergy shots again this week?

Brilliant - how awful about your accident, but at least you're not hurt, just badly shaken up.

Scott - good idea to do your run early.  Tonight does not sound like fun.

HM - good luck with rehearsal tonight.  I hope it is worth the time.  Have fun in the snow tomorrow.

Jack - good idea to take it easy and continue the ice and NSAIDs.

Lauren - hurray for running outside.  Do you have a park with cleared paths?  That snow is going to be slow to disappear.  Sorry about the flooding house.

Every three weeks now.  They won't help once the weather gets worse.  Or they do help and I'm not dying.  Either way, LOL!  Hope Ben is OK.

Happy Birthday, Mel!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Ben spent all morning throwing up, after a couple of days with diarrhea, so we took him to the vet. They gave him anti-nausea medicine and various antibiotics and probiotics and said to feed him the usual chicken and rice diet for a few days.  We'll see how he does.  He's a garbage hound, always sniffing around, looking for something on the street to snack on, so though we didn't see him eat anything bad, he may well have gotten something nasty.

I ended up with nine miles on the TM, since the rain had started by the time we got home.

Hiya Pens,

Just a quick check in before I check out for the night.

Happy Birthday, Zel! Welcome to the dark side where it just keeps getting better and better.

Sorry for the ice, crash, oblivious obstacles, sick dog, missed Oreos, congestion, and funky spell. Great jobs on speed work, poem,  singing, and getting 'er done.

Did my exercises this morning and brought my gear to work to hit a running trail for my tempo run. Kicked it up with my smokin' 5k pace and felt pretty darn good. Guess they are right...work on increasing your weekly mileage to get faster.

Had a thought...after I finish my HM this spring, I might focus on a new goal to hit a sub 30 5k. Did that once over two years ago. Hmmmm....

Night all.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Amazonian Princess

Baconista in a funk about some junk, head fulla bunk, got no spunk,

Mental day is the way the girl gotta play, gotta take off work to find some perk so she won't shirk,

Gotta get her run on, make the funk gone!

Werd!

(((scottydawg)))) Thank you 

Feeling better; ran for an hour in beautiful California weather, had 3/4 of a pecan waffle for lunch, shopped for DH's birthday gifts (ordering a quilt made with some of his old favorite t-shirts and a subscription to Hello Makana) and took a nap. Amazing what a mental health day can do!

Brilliant - sorry to hear about your car accident but glad you're ok.

Ginny - sorry that Ben's not feeling well

To everyone else ((((Penguins)))

And Zel, I hope you had a great birthday!

I can. I will. I am.