Beginners and Beyond

Unlimited BEER thread. Who's game? (Read 199 times)

Love the Half

I have no idea what kind of glass that is.  I just grabbed the best picture I could find from google.  It really was a sublime drinking experience.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Chasing the bus

Trying to get pics to link... anyway, got my hands on some Victory Storm King Imperial. It's very stout, with an ABV 9.2%. I liked it a lot, but was glad it was a 12 oz. both for alcohol and sweet. I like 'em a bit less sweet, though I also love those caramel and malty flavors. Some nice bitterness helped offset the sweet, but this falls into a desert beer, for me.

The day before I had the Elysian Dragonstooth stout, first time, and it was very nice. Malty, with a touch of marmalade, good balance. This one is 20 oz., and I finished it, which may have been too much, but it was good!

Edit; There! Got the pics to load!

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
      Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Dad on the run.

it's not available here in Alabama. Makes me sad. I see all these good looking beers just to find out they aren't carried here.

I have no idea what kind of glass that is.  I just grabbed the best picture I could find from google.  It really was a sublime drinking experience.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Founder's All Day IPA finally made it to WNY.

I bought a case Smile

Next on the "must try" list, Stone's Enjoy By 4/01/13 IPA.

Love the Half

it's not available here in Alabama. Makes me sad. I see all these good looking beers just to find out they aren't carried here.

Yeah, well, Alabama is the only state in the nation in which it remains illegal to brew your own beer which means they probably have some kinds of highly restrictive distribution laws which make it a pain in the ass to distribute in the state.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Monterrey (Guatemala) from Aldi's.  $5.  Tastes like Corona to me.

Dad on the run.

free the hops is making a huge push with a lot of beer laws and has had great success. Hopefully we will see the home brew laws Change this year.

Yeah, well, Alabama is the only state in the nation in which it remains illegal to brew your own beer which means they probably have some kinds of highly restrictive distribution laws which make it a pain in the ass to distribute in the state.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Has anyone tried the Samuel Adams IPA Hop-ology pack yet? Saw it tonight for the first time and was tempted to pick it up.

Monterrey (Guatemala) from Aldi's.  $5.  Tastes like Corona to me.

You mean like piss?

Dead

Dave

Didn't know we had cigar fans on here as well. The Oliva Serie V is an outstanding smoke. For the price, I opt for the Serie G. I REALLY like the Cameroon wrapper.

Back to mobile posting

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Didn't know we had cigar fans on here as well. The Oliva Serie V is an outstanding smoke. For the price, I opt for the Serie G. I REALLY like the Cameroon wrapper.

I am not as cigar educated as i once was since i quite smoking cigarettes 6 or 7 years ago. That one was gifted to me. i used to lean towards double maduro type, but i really liked the lighter wrapper on this.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Shocktop...nuff said!Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Shocktop...nuff said!Smile

for carb loading right?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Snowbasin, UT. Bluebird skiing and a Cutthroat pale ale.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

No just love that beer. Much better than Blue Moon imo but love that one too.

for carb loading right?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???