Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES Are Bringing the Noise (Read 56 times)

Damn, I haven't been able to keep up with you guys recently.

11.7 miles @ 7:49 w/ 4 mile fartlek portion.

I can't keep up with you!

BruceD555, a hot tea sounds perfect after a hard run like that. Great job staying on pace.

c0derunner, awesome!

B-Plus, great doubles. Isn't the human body a wonderfully adaptable machine?

Damaris, I'm happy that your run turned out very well.

Ab work is done. I've eaten dinner. I'm crashing. Good nightSmile

Better I Leave

Grill work? Did someone say grill work?

Better I Leave

**sigh**

I read about some of yooz guyz' paces and I really wonder if I'll ever get there. Tonight I banged out 2 miles...and pushed myself. I managed an  8:54 pace...And I was really pushing it. I'm getting better, but damn...How long does it take?

Docket_Rocket

Since that is faster than I can run, yes, you'll get there.  To me, you're already there. Joking

**sigh**

I read about some of yooz guyz' paces and I really wonder if I'll ever get there. Tonight I banged out 2 miles...and pushed myself. I managed an  8:54 pace...And I was really pushing it. I'm getting better, but damn...How long does it take?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Since that is faster than I can run, yes, you'll get there.  To me, you're already there. Joking

What Damaris said.

Better I Leave

I gotta tell ya DR...I admire and respect your fervor and tenacity to this sport. I don't know if you saw my post in my other thread, but I admire and give mega respect to all you folks. I've always been a "lifter". Lifting is easy compared to running. I mean...DAMN! I run a half and I feel "Toe up from the floe up!", ya know? LOL!  I tell my bodybuilding cohorts that if they ever really wanna feel a workout, run a half with me...I've yet to have a taker. **grin**

You my friend...inspire me. Smile **hug**

B-Plus

Docket - Sometimes I stretch out bad runs for that very reason, hoping that it will turn. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Basya - I think that last shout out was meant for Just BS. I haven't doubled in a couple of weeks now.

Docket_Rocket

Awww, Pine, thanks!

B-Plus, true.  I wanted to quit because of the last two runs but after 3-4 it went much better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Minus six degrees F under a blazing cold moon.  No wind, with snow grinding and crunching at every step as the only sound.  One of the most beautiful runs I've been on.