Beginners and Beyond

The DAILIES: I once knew a girl named Friday (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

Though I am loving the warm weather!  I'm also sucking on my runs lol

Someone asked was it too early too complain about the weather, and the answer of course is it's never too early to complain about the weather.

If we could not complain about weather, it would cut back traffic here about 50%. If you took away complaining about injuries too, there'd be tumbleweeds rolling through this place.

Dave

LRB

Ugh, awful.

I was leaving the area around 6:45 and it just dawned on me that I pulled over for one of two emergency vehicles I saw that were responding.

Apparently this was a rollover accident that involved pedestrians not cyclists. Today was senior skip day in the area and no matter the outcome it's going to be bad.

LRB

If we could not complain about weather, it would cut back traffic here about 50%. If you took away complaining about injuries too, there'd be tumbleweeds rolling through this place.

That is funny.

Hip Redux

NOT COMPLAINING (I ran 15 on the TM because there's AC in there) NOT COMPLAINING

The ability to sit around at night in shorts and a tee with the windows open and smell the fresh, humid air and hear the spring peepers calling is awesome and long overdue.  <3 warm weather.

LRB

NOT COMPLAINING (I ran 15 on the TM because there's AC in there) NOT COMPLAINING

The ability to sit around at night in shorts and a tee with the windows open and smell the fresh, humid air and hear the spring peepers calling is awesome and long overdue.  <3 warm weather.

It was near 90 degrees here today and too fuckin hot for me.

There, I said it.

Docket_Rocket

Urgh... It was 81F when I ran my 10 miles tonight. How did this happen? How about progressive adaptation? Have some mercy on us, Mother Nature! Anyway, I was able to do 7x800m (slow) speed intervals. Better than nothing.

You just moved to Miami, by any chance?

It was 89F at 6pm so I said fuck and ran my 10 with 6 at MP on the TM.  They went great, except for the stops every so often to blow my nose.  It's on its way out, at least.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

My LR this weekend looks to be the same....

This should make Lily giggle at this point.  It's only May. I predict all runs on the TM in less than a month.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It was near 90 degrees here today and too fuckin hot for me.

There, I said it.

Pffft, amateur. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I knew I liked you for a reason....

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

OMG! I run there and know a million people that run, walk and bike there! That is horrible!

I know! That's where u tempo. Hansons too!