Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 47 times)

onemile

I always run on vacation. I ran less this summer than I usually do when I'm away, but I managed  about half my usual mileage. I was still a bit out of shape when I came back. Of course it depends how long the vacation is. But I had no more aches and pains. There was some good in that, and also in the fact that the woman wasn't mad at me from thinking about running all the time.

If I were taking a month long vacation, I'd run for sure. But I'm doing this American style. 10 days where I try to cram in as much as possible.

If I were taking a month long vacation, I'd run for sure. But I'm doing this American style. 10 days where I try to cram in as much as possible.

For an American, you're being awfully generous with yourself.

Dave

onemile

For an American, you're being awfully generous with yourself.

two of the days are work holidays so I only need to take off 5 work days 

Cyberic

That's what Canadians do too. I'm not the norm.

But yeah, a 10 day vacation, after a marathon, I get the not running thing. I would run if I could though. I'm so afraid of losing my hard gained fitness, that I don't like taking breaks. One week after a marathon I have to be back running. But you do it differently and I can't say my way is better than yours. It's supposed to be important to take a break from running.

Runshortii

That's what Canadians do too. I'm not the norm.

But yeah, a 10 day vacation, after a marathon, I get the not running thing. I would run if I could though. I'm so afraid of losing my hard gained fitness, that I don't like taking breaks. One week after a marathon I have to be back running. But you do it differently and I can't say my way is better than yours. It's supposed to be important to take a break from running.

This is my problem. Now that I’ve built up somewhat of a base and consistent running I’m freaked out to lose it, which I know is irrational.

This is my problem. Now that I’ve built up somewhat of a base and consistent running I’m freaked out to lose it, which I know is irrational.

Not irrational. I feel the same. Well, maybe still irrational.

I certainly ease up for a bit post-marathon, but get antsy to get back to the 50mpw range.

Dave