Beginners and Beyond

My cat calls went from.... (Read 229 times)

Trail Monster

I never understand what they say. Though during my last long run (21 miles) I was using a 9:1 run/walk strategy in prep for my ultras this summer. People would see me run up a hill and then walk down or start walking on a flat (because my time was up) and tell me, "Keep it up! You're almost there!" They obviously thought I was only doing one loop (5 miles) and was probably a newer runner. I wanted to say, "No way! I've still got 3 more loops!" But I felt like a major idiot walking during my long run so I just let them assume I didn't know better and went on my way.

Almost, forgot. I did get a guy stop me and ask if he could run with me once. I was pretty creeped out but we were in a populated area and I was almost home so I said okay and then ditched him a couple blocks from my house.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

I think it's hilarious when early 20 something guys catcall something about my "butt" or "hot bod",,,,

,,because usually my head/face is covered up with a hat and they have no idea probably older

than their Mom's.Big grin

Hey, it's cougar time, Mrs. Robinson!!

Nothing so exciting for me. I was once running by what looked like a middle school girls soccer practice, and one of the girls started frantically waving at me. I just thought look straight ahead, keep running....then I realized she was pointing out that she was wearing the same race shirt as I was, so I waved back. (She probably finished ahead of me in that race....)

Dave

Just B.S.

Hey, it's cougar time, Mrs. Robinson!!

Nothing so exciting for me. I was once running by what looked like a middle school girls soccer practice, and one of the girls started frantically waving at me. I just thought look straight ahead, keep running....then I realized she was pointing out that she was wearing the same race shirt as I was, so I waved back. (She probably finished ahead of me in that race....)

Just can't go there, having a 21 and 23 yr old of my own!LOL

A few years ago older son was working construction near our house, during the summer. Sometimes I

would go by on my run or bike and wave/say hello. After a few weeks my son asked me to not to do that

anymore. Apparently it was really embarrassing him that the other guys were talking about his Mom

being "hot"!LOL

Pinktastic

A few years ago older son was working construction near our house, during the summer. Sometimes I

would go by on my run or bike and wave/say hello. After a few weeks my son asked me to not to do that

anymore. Apparently it was really embarrassing him that the other guys were talking about his Mom

being "hot"!LOL

That is complete awesome-ness, Beth!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Beth... rawr!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

OH YEAH! Banshee reminded me of another one.

Running around my neighborhood last summer sometime, after work as I frequently did. A teenager on a bike (what is it with me and teenagers???) rode up to me and said "Hey I see you jogging around here all the time. I hate jogging but I have to do it. Can I be your jogging partner?" (I was guessing he had to run for football, baseball, something)

I politely told him that my running group meets at 7:30 am on Saturdays. He seemed disinterested after that and rode off. Big grin

SheCan

being "hot"!LOL

LMAO, that is too freaking cool!

My cat calls went from frequent to almost non-existent over the last 5 years.  Apparently apparently even running didn't trump age.  Or maybe it's because I'm classier now? Big grin  I dunno, but I'm glad, I never felt comfortable with them.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Just B.S.

LMAO, that is too freaking cool!

Well they were likely wearing protective goggles that were interfering with their eyesight

but I was only 48 back then!LOL

Never had a cat call, per se, but keeping with the theme of teenagers:

I was running through our 'hood and came up on 5 teens (3 guys, 2 girls) and as I run past, I start to hear feet shuffling behind me. I turned around and there were the three guys, I can only assume in some sort of attempt to be funny or impress the fairer sex, lagging behind me, one hand keeping their pants from falling down, saying things like 'nice day for a run, huh?'. They stayed with me for maybe 100 yards and then just stopped and walked back to the house where the girls were. I eventually made a U-turn and came back up on them, and said, "lets go, we've only got three miles left!" They declined. Big grin

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

i had a dog bark at me once but then he licked himself.....

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Some of these are really funny! I get them a lot (I run in a busy area) but once last summer I was having a kinda-bad run, and i hear this car slowing down behind me with the bass booming. I turn around and it's got tinted widows and a big flag hanging from the rear view mirror. The driver looks like a definite gangbanger, wearing a red shirt and something else red, I think a headband of some sort wrapped around his hair, which was in a wild Afro. I thought, oh boy. But he just rolled down the window and with a nice smile (not even too creepy) says "you look beautiful!" And I really needed a compliment that day! Smile

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

delicate flower

Apparently I look like a homosexual when I run, based on some cat calls I've gotten,

<3

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

I never get anything remotely funny, it's just the typical whistles and crap (and this happens rarely).

In transit, arriving on time. 

RSX

My hearing isn't great but I can usually make out cat calls that sounds like the word car. I'm sure it means some real good compliment.

LRB

Nothing, not even a you suck.