Beginners and Beyond

Dream Dream Dreamin' Wednesday Penguins (Read 27 times)

GinnyinPA

Ginny,  your walk sounds nice; did you end up running today?

I ran 5 around the park while Jim and Ben walked in the park. This was after our usual loop around the neighborhood.

Brilliant

I read your whole post and somehow skipped the  "while I ran  5 miles" part.  Smile

I ran 5 around the park while Jim and Ben walked in the park. This was after our usual loop around the neighborhood.

Zelanie

Can't remember who was asking about HM training plans earlier, but I finally have my computer near my Pfitz book.  The new Pfitz plan is 12 weeks.  He has strides almost every week.  Speedwork starts with tempo intervals (about 30 min total) once a week, but about halfway through, he adds a second day of speedwork with VO2Max intervals every other week.  Those vary, but are in the neighborhood of 6 x 1000 at between 3K to 5K pace (that would be tough for those of us who aren't as fast as those who Pfitz coaches, might make more sense for us mortals to run those as 800s or closer to the 5K than the 3K pace).  Recoveries are 50% - 90% of interval time.  He also has every other long run as a progression run, ending with the lass 3 miles at lactate threshold (tempo) pace.  Those drop off for the second half of the plan.

Zelanie

double post