Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #136 (Read 31 times)

Docket_Rocket

The MCM says they are still on for 2020 so far ... they are offer deferral for $30, offering 2021 or 2022, or 2023

That's what all the races that have canceled have said until they cancel, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I feel like what the governor says overrides what the mayor says, but I could be wrong (not that I care -- they're both idiots and I never liked either of them, though the governor does put on a better show of not being a total inept buffoon than the mayor)

The argument here is that the counties are very different and it doesn't make sense to make far western MD with less than 100 cases to stay closed while the metro areas are hot spots. Probably similar to you in thAT NYC is way different from the rural areas. The problem is that while the governor outlined clear criteria, the counties (and city) staying closed have not shared what criteria they are looking for to reopen. There's also a lot of fingerpointing going on. The mayor of Baltimore city is saying it's a lack of testing and that the governor hasn't done his job to get himm tests. The mayor is running for election (he was not elected, took over the position when last mayor got caught taking money) and he is likely to be primaried in June.

Indiana opened all counties but 3, one of them Marion County which is the whole of Indianapolis. You can travel to and from it, though.

So it’s basically like the non-peeing section of the swimming pool.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

So it’s basically like the non-peeing section of the swimming pool.

Yeah, except no businesses are open in Indy but for takeout and curbside. I have not driven there since I went home from work that last time in March but hubby works in that county and most of the places are either closed or takeout and downtown is a ghost town. They are two weeks behind the rest of the counties that are open and should start Stage 2 on Monday.

Also, there is not much difference since most of the surrounding counties, including mine, does not have many things open. Most restaurants are waiting until Stage 3 to reopen as now it's 25% capacity.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

I ran 7 with 10x20 sec hill repeats.

In my county in WI it’s a free for all. The county came out with “guidelines” but idk how they’re being enforced. All the bar parking lots are packed.

I ran 7 with 10x20 sec hill repeats.

In my county in WI it’s a free for all. The county came out with “guidelines” but idk how they’re being enforced. All the bar parking lots are packed.

Could not be more packed than the parking lot of our Lowe’s, all the time. IDK if people are doing that much construction & home improvements, or just bored and looking for a place to go that’s open. I run by it most days; they are a valuable bathroom stop anyway.

Dave