Beginners and Beyond

Morning after MONDAILIES (Read 56 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I do plan on hopefully a 2 mile warm up, it's the getting up early enough, feeding son and putting son back to bed, picking sister up for race and getting out there. But, I think if I get little butt up at 4:30 a.m and feed him, I should be able to get him back to sleep by 5:30 at the latest, head out the door by 6 a.m (hopefully sooner) and pick up my sister (she's racing with me) and we should be able to get in a 2 mile warm up run. If that doesn't quite work out and I only get a chance for a 1 mile warm up then I will save Sunday for an easy 5 or 6 miler.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Looks like I'll be off for at least a few of days. Tweaked my quad yesterday.

Damn, you can't catch a break.

<3

Scott, what do you plan to do at the gym?

I've been working mostly on toning/core work. After losing 50lbs last year, 8 months of running and 4 consistent months of working out i have really noticed a big change.

I had a get to you know you session with a personal trainer last week and will be working with him weekly starting Thursday. He is more than half my age, a runner and a good guy. He is big on Dynamic training not much into those machines. Cant wait to see what this year will bring!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Jess runs for bacon

Pink, try this one my doctor told me about. Get those paper dixie cups, fill them with water and freeze. Then rip half the paper off (so you don't freeze your hands and use the ice stick to really dig into the muscles that are bothering you.

Mostly harmless

ImNotScott – You’re running 8 too?  Are you copying Heidi?   ;-)   Have a great run!

If that would make me as fast as her, I'd copy in a heartbeat.  Smile

Sorry your LR didn't go so well. Enjoy the RD and stretching and I hope you can bounce back quickly.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

+1 lilac told me about this a few weeks ago....it's great!

Pink, try this one my doctor told me about. Get those paper dixie cups, fill them with water and freeze. Then rip half the paper off (so you don't freeze your hands and use the ice stick to really dig into the muscles that are bothering you.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Chairman

Damn, you can't catch a break.

Well, at least I've never needed to be cut apart and put back together. So far.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Pinktastic

Sounds painfully delightful.   Thanks for the tip, Lilac (and the confirmation Kristin10185)!   I'll take all of the tips that I can get (monetary or otherwise!  Cool

ImNotScott - Thanks for the well wishes!    And, I wish I could be as fast as Heidi too!   Enjoy your miles today!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Just B.S.

Sounds painfully delightful.   Thanks for the tip, Lilac (and the confirmation Kristin10185)!   I'll take all of the tips that I can get (monetary or otherwise!  Cool

ImNotScott - Thanks for the well wishes!    And, I wish I could be as fast as Heidi too!   Enjoy your miles today!

Darn, sorry to hear about this Pink.

Hubby and I ice anything that aches pretty much every time we get a little tweak. I bought one of the

plastic cups the phyio's use directly from my P/T, it was only about $10. The ice lasts for quite a while

so I only have to fill and refreeze every couple of weeks.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

3.5 recovery miles, 9:26 overall pace. Last 0.1 miles at about 6:45 pace, the proverbial Moth finish!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Super Bowl's at The Meadowlands next year.  I will be hoping for a blizzard!

me too.

runmomto3boys

Looks like I'll be off for at least a few of days. Tweaked my quad yesterday.

Oh shoot.  I'm sorry.

runmomto3boys

If that would make me as fast as her, I'd copy in a heartbeat.  Smile

I love you, Scott!

B-Plus

Today seems like a 2-coffee kind of day.

I hit 50 miles for last week. I dont know if I'll run or not today.

Better I Leave

He is big on Dynamic training not much into those machines. Cant wait to see what this year will bring!

Pertaining to weightlifting? I'm a big proponent to free weights myself and have often put people on some great regimens involving only dumbbells (you can get a good, full workout with just dumbbells), but I will also incorporate machines for some of my clients. I put my wife on machines often. Hell, even I work a "machine" so to speak as I get some great routines done with my Nautilus smith machine. Regardless, let us know how it goes, I'm sure you'll get some great results. Smile