Beginners and Beyond

Shunamitism Saturdailies! (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Kickboxing and maybe some miles with hubby.

Damaris

LRB

I finally got off of my butt, I am in the middle of a strength/core routine.  I cannot wait to finish so I can eat!

LRB

Wassup GC, good morning ladies!

Zelanie

FreeSoul- Good luck!

LRB- I'm glad to you you running again!

I'm one week away from my HM. I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm feeling really good.  Last time, I believe I was falling apart at this stage and barely running.  But everything just feels great right now.  DD has even said that she can tell my training is going better this time because I seem less wiped out after my LRs.  So although on paper things don't look much different (I'm slower, if anything, this time around), maybe I'm also stronger and better prepared?  The question is- do I have the stamina to hold what I think is my HMP for the entire distance?  I guess I'll find out!  I'm going to start slowly anyway and ease into my pace.

For taper week, I am clueless since I've made up my own plan this time.  I've heard reduce volume but not intensity.  So I was planning on throwing in a couple of HMP miles on two runs this week.  Does that make sense?  Should I do any above-HMP running?  Should I do shorter intervals?  I have no idea!

LRB

For taper week, I am clueless since I've made up my own plan this time.  I've heard reduce volume but not intensity.  So I was planning on throwing in a couple of HMP miles on two runs this week.  Does that make sense?  Should I do any above-HMP running?  Should I do shorter intervals?  I have no idea!

Since everyone is different, it is hard to say.  The one thing we probably can all agree on is that nothing you do at this point is going to dramatically improve your performance.

All I can offer is what I do race week; off Monday, run some type of intervals Tuesday, easy on Wednesday, easy on Thursday with strides and 4 miles easy on Friday.  If the event is on Sunday I just run easy Friday (usually 6 or 7 miles) then run the 4 miles Saturday.

StepbyStep-SH

Hello, dailies!

I've been around, and been running, but just haven't felt like checking in for some reason.

Anyway - Thursday was 6 slow, easy miles and an hour strength-training class, including some work with medicine balls that about killed me. Friday just another 6 slow and easy.

Friday night was our running club's annual banquet. I won an award for my age group in a race challenge series, which basically just means I showed up at more of the qualifying races than anyone else did.

And this morning, I put in 20 miles. First 15 miles felt great; last 5 were rough. I was getting a headache by the end - no caffeine? not enough water? It did mostly go away after about 30 minutes with water, coffee and chocolate milk.
              Splits: 10:28, 10:46, 10:22, 10:23, 10:22; (met up with friends) 9:07, 9:00, 9:05, 9:12, 9:18, 9:33, 10:12, 9:12; (back on my own) 9:15, 9:26; (longer break - 10 minutes to meet DH and DS and check DS into the YMCA's child care) 10:21, 10:51 (rock in shoe), 10:51 (another rock), 10:16, 10:31, last part at 10:06.

And now I need to find the energy and motivation for an afternoon/evening that could be trying for someone who just wants to crawl back into bed. DS & I are meeting up with a friend of mine and her three kids to burn energy off at an indoor play center, then they are coming to our house for pizza, popcorn and a movie. Hopefully, while the kids are watching the movie, my friend and I can focus on writing up an evaluation request for services from her son's school. I'm not sure my brain will be functioning by then, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Good luck to Scotty, FreeSoul and anyone else racing this weekend!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Saturday, y'all!

I last minute registered for the Flying Fortress 5k at the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum in Pooler, GA.  This was the scene of my first ever 5k two years ago.  Today I ran it 16 minutes faster and got 3rd place in my age group! 

One happy runner today!

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

I ended up doing about 90 minutes of strength and core work, with a fair amount of stretching as well.  That included about two dozen high kicks with each leg in a continuing effort to stretch my tight ass and hamstrings.  Those were actually fun, I am going to add them to the rotation.

Of the movies playing at the theater today, none of them that I have not seen appealed to me.  So me and my lady are going to see Thor again, this time in 3-D.  The things I do to eat pizza and drink wine, see ya!  Cool

Hello, dailies!

I've been around, and been running, but just haven't felt like checking in for some reason.

Me too.

Things have been going much better since my knee injury, although I am always worried about tempting the running gods.

Ran 15 today with zero knee pain, the longest run since my marathon 5 months ago, and since the knee problems started. And completed my 2nd straight 30-mile week. Hoping to continue to ramp back up, have a solid winter's training, and an April marathon. But I am getting way ahead of myself (what else is there to think about while running?), really just taking it one week at a time. Feeling good.

Best of luck to all the racers!

MTA: now going out to rake the effing leaves. Not feeling nearly as goo about that.

Dave

LRB

Ran 15 today with zero knee pain, the longest run since my marathon 5 months ago, and since the knee problems started.

Um yeah, I would say you are back!

StepbyStep-SH

Happy Saturday, y'all!

I last minute registered for the Flying Fortress 5k at the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum in Pooler, GA.  This was the scene of my first ever 5k two years ago.  Today I ran it 16 minutes faster and got 3rd place in my age group

One happy runner today!

Wow! That is an incredible improvement! Congratulations!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

LRB- I know it's not about improving my time at this point, but it is about getting to the line feeling sharp and rested, which seem kind of mutually exclusive.  Thanks for sharing your schedule.

Robert- Holy cow!  16 minutes!  Way to go!

DaveP- I'd say you are back, too!

Step- Nice run!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Placed 2nd place in women's out of 8 for the 15k, 5th place overall out of 19 runners.

9.3 miles in 1:24:18 with a pace of 9:06 min/mile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

I did 5.5 on the rail trail this morning!

Just B.S.

I did 5.5 on the rail trail this morning!

You are back running! Yeah!!