Beginners and Beyond

Reston Half RR (with pictures) (Read 71 times)

LRB

As for cross training, I was and still am planning on working in some weight lifting a few times a week once things settle down. I used to only lift and run to get in some cardio, so it's just a matter of getting into a routine. As for my knee, I have no idea.

I asked because while cross-training in and of itself will not necessarily make you a better or faster runner, it may help you to be more injury resilient allowing you to train uninhibited, thereby becoming a better or faster runner as a result.

This can be as little as 15 minutes of pushups, lunges and crunches a couple of days a week.  It is not a lot but would be better than what most of us do in our early stages of running, which is nothing.

Not saying that your knee is a result of that just puttin' it out there.

LRB

I would not want to be on the receiving end of either of those glares!  lol

happylily

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB - I completely understand. It doesn't take much time to get in some strength/flexibility training each day and could be the key. It's just a matter of doing it. Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Congrats, that was nice of you help pace someone.

Good luck with the new house, and wishing good health for your knee.  Hopefully you can get that sub 2 next time!

Mmmmm...beer

Great job in some crappy conditions!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!