Beginners and Beyond

Break Out The Egg Nog Saturday Penguins! (Read 176 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Heading out to the gym to do my full body workout. I keep increasing weight but stay with 15 repare with 15seconds rest between sets - trying to keep it aerobic. May go shopping for an exercise floor mat for my core and myrtl routine at home.

Looks like we're sleeping in late this morning!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Peng's !!!  

Too cold to run outside for me and the tracks will be crowded with walkers.  Guess I'm due to go do some strength machines at the health club.

Good Luck Saturday Racing Penguins...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had a mishap at the Jingle Bell Jog.  This bitch cut me off and kicked me with her back leg (apart from her being slower than me so I crashed into her).  I fell hard.  Knee is very banged up.  So, I'll be resting the rest of the day, thank you very much.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

I love eggnog. Smile

Gustav - thanks for starting us off!  Hope you have a great workout.

Jerry - have fun with the strength training!

Damaris - that stinks, take it easy today.

AFM - have a busy afternoon scheduled so I'm getting on the TM right now.  We'll see how far I get before I fall asleep from boredom. Wink

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Morning!  I had a mishap at the Jingle Bell Jog.  This bitch cut me off and kicked me with her back leg (apart from her being slower than me so I crashed into her).  I fell hard.  Knee is very banged up.  So, I'll be resting the rest of the day, thank you very much.

Sorry, feel better Damaris.

Cry

Kick her ass sea bass.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Morning!  I had a mishap at the Jingle Bell Jog.  This bitch cut me off and kicked me with her back leg (apart from her being slower than me so I crashed into her).  I fell hard.  Knee is very banged up. So, I'll be resting the rest of the day, thank you very much.

That sucks! Feel better!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Gustav- have a great day and keep up the good work with your workouts!! Jerry- you must be keeping all the cold weather, I live in Upstate NY and on normal years we are under at least a foot of snow and 15-20 degree temps!! Yesterday the high was 38 and it rained all day!! Go figure, I want to try running in a snow storm? Hey doc- enjoy the treadmill, watch some trashy TV! Gets me through anything! AFM- DH and I are heading to the new diner in town for some breakfast and might try to go see the hobbit!! Might get a run in later, maybe not, but a LR is on the schedule for tomorrow! The sister in law leaves Thursday so I can get back to normal life, including picking a training plan!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Gustav - Enjoy your workout.  With my powerlifting background, it's hard for me to imagine doing 15 reps...lol  It makes sense though.  Yes...I slept in though :-)

Jerry - I took on the cold and wind yesterday, and I remember thinking that I wouldn't do that again.  Today, I'm thinking that I probably will.

Damaris - That sucks!  Hopefully it didn't produce any lasting injuries.

Doc - If you think that falling asleep on a TM is remotely possible, you owe it to the world to video that run.  I have a busy evening, but a 4 day weekend.  I'll get my run in when I want.

T-Rod - Haha...seabass.

Kristi - I hear the Hobbit is awesome in 3D, but that's a really long time to wear 3D glasses.

AFM - I'll be running 10-12 today, and deciding whether I want to cutback a little bit next week before heading into my serious training for the Chi Town HM.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

Kick her ass sea bass.

I would've but I had to DNF the race because I couldn't walk (then).  Feeling better now but not sure if I broke something or not.  I guess not.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Don't mind me.  Just lookin' for a spot of egg nog with a spritz of rum.

Docket_Rocket

Pass it along.  I sure need it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

If I knew how to post pictures from my phone, I would send pics of the holiday bar that my sister has put together. I am sure we could find rum for you in there Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Since Kristi mentioned movies, we did see Lincoln yesterday.  We are trying to see all the projected Best Picture nominees.  Lincoln will be one of them.  

Other possible nominees we have seen are Argo, Silver Linings, Moonrise Kingdom, Beasts of Southern Wild, The Master, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  

Still on our must see list is Zero Dark Thirty, Les Miz, Life of Pi, Django Unchained.

So nice being able to go to weekday matinees in empty theaters.