Beginners and Beyond

Flood me with some Mondailies. (Read 50 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cool     WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!     Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

More rain. Predicted another 3 inches today. Joy.

Marjorie

Sounds lovely Marj. Have a nice run in that.

Headed off to yoga, trying to keep in shape somehow.

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Woke up just before 5 to firemen ringing our doorbell. One of the trees behind our house shifted a little last night in the rain (we have dead railroad tracks that run behind our house, so trees line the ditch) and one of the branches was making the power line spark. Super.

So now we're waiting on the electric company to send out a tree service to cut it down. Shame, because it's our black walnut tree and I was actually going to try to harvest them this year. Sad

Hubby and I have both called off already. We don't feel comfortable going to work with a tree leaning toward power lines and our garage, especially if PPL decides to grace us with their presence.

On a side note, I saw the power line's defensive strategy with my own eyes. It burned through the little branch that was touching it. Cool, I guess.

So, I'll run at some point today. Can't go out now since it's thundering.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

another craptastic weather day all around I see!

Awake.  Nothing new to report.  2 day work week, followed by 2 days off and then a 1 day work week, followed by 2 days off.  Think about that.

Meeting with a new PT today - hopefully he can fix me.

Happy July ALL!

YAYpril - B-Plus

took this for posterity. Our first fire truck...

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yikes April, stay safe!!

SRD for me!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles at 5am.  I'll take a dose of afternoon running.  It was 89F and 77DP at 5am and it only got worse from there.  Better to be as miserable and sleep more, ha.

Marathon training has started....

April, hope you guys are safe.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Good morning!  Happy Monday!  Yeah, it's funny that even though it's only a two day work week, it still feels like a Monday morning.  Speaking of PT, I start my advanced physical therapy today.  Four weeks of that and I'll be done with my knee recovery.  I am sure they'll start me off easy today.  I'll swing by the gym after and hop on a treadmill for a while.

Rain in the forecast every day this week.  You gotta be kidding me with this.

<3

LRB

Supp peeps!

I'll do nothing today and like it.

April, we need compensation for losing a years harvest (and future harvests) of walnuts.  See if you can make that happen.

Pinktastic

Good Morning Running Friends!!

Happy Canada Day to my Canadian friends!!  And, Happy Monday to all my non-Canadian friends!!

Marjorie – Thanks for starting us off today!   Be careful during your rain run!   I still predict 10.3 miles despite the rain….

DaveP – How was yoga this morning?   Hopefully, it will help or at least not aggravate your injury!

April – Yikes!  Sounds like that could be bad!   Stay safe and have a great run later!

MBC – What’s with the 2 day work week?   Is your office closed Wed – Fri?    That would be awesome if so!   I’ll be sending you positive vibes all day, and I hope that the new PT is nothing short of phenomenal and that he (she?) has you feeling 100% in no time!!

Kristin – Have a great day!!

Damaris – Nice job getting the run in early!

Phil – Congrats on graduating to advanced PT!   I’m sure that you’ll be as dedicated to that as you were regular PT and you’ll improve by leaps and bounds!

LRB – Enjoy your day of nothing!

It’s not much, but I ran (briefly) yesterday and this morning.    Yesterday, I walked for 15 minutes, ran for 6 and then walked home (which was about 10 more minutes) – total of .63 miles for the run (didn’t count the walking portions).   This morning, I walked for 15 minutes, ran for 11, and then walked home (about 15 more minutes) – total of 1.13 miles running for today.    Neither run was pretty and they were both VERY short, but I consider them a VICTORY!!     Happy Dance!!!

Have a Pinksational day!!   And, may your next run be the BEST run you've had in a while - the kind of run that makes you feel on top of the world and that leaves you feeling like today is going to be a Pinktacular day!!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

delicate flower

It’s not much, but I ran (briefly) yesterday and this morning.    Yesterday, I walked for 15 minutes, ran for 6 and then walked home (which was about 10 more minutes) – total of .63 miles for the run (didn’t count the walking portions).   This morning, I walked for 15 minutes, ran for 11, and then walked home (about 15 more minutes) – total of 1.13 miles running for today.    Neither run was pretty and they were both VERY short, but I consider them a VICTORY!!     Happy Dance!!!

That is excellent news!  Glad to hear it, Pink!

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yay Sarah! That's great!!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Run is done and coffee is flowing, great way to start July! Smile

Got 9 miles done at 4:30 this morning, feels great to be back on my morning schedule.  Flash flood warnings today, rained like crazy coming into work, but was dry for my run.  Well, as dry as it can be when running in souplike air.  There's something seriously wrong when it's in the 70's and the temp and dew point are the same.  Went shirtless, cause I knew there was no point, it was just going to end up soaked and bugging me, hell, my shorts ended up so wet they were bugging me, but apparently it's frowned upon to run naked, so I guess I'll keep the shorts on. Smile

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

great news, Sarah!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page