Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 21 times)

Yes it will actually be a rest day, as planned, ending a 154 day streak. Slept like a Baboon last night, which was nice. I was feeling pretty sore after the race, although I’ve been much worse, and I don’t feel too bad today. I feel like I could run if I had to, but won’t. Probably 2-3 days off and then get back to it.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Dave - great job sticking it out yesterday. You deserve a day, or more, off!

8.8 for me with 4 easy, 4 at MP and 0.8 warm-down. 70 degrees and humid so the MP felt more challenging but worked through it. Felt good to really sweat during a run.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I, on the other hand, didn't sleep well. Dreamed of my dad again but this time there was no sadness or desperation in my dream.

I have 6 and weights. Chicago Marathon training starts today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'd say it's a well-deserved rest day, Dave.

I ran 5 in warm, steamy weather.  We're running about 20º higher than average during the day and the overnight low is 10º higher than average.  I have a track workout scheduled tomorrow and the last time I ran this particular workout it was 40º colder than what I expect tomorrow morning at 6:00 am (i.e. 72º ).  It will be interesting to see how the warmer weather affects the workout.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

sdWhiskers

6 miles super easy through an overcast mist.

Dave--glad you aren't too wrecked.

Was talking to my friend/Coach about the upcoming HM in 6 weeks. She's not writing plans for me right now but figured I'd get suggestions for workouts to prepare for this. When I ran it for fun in 2019, pace for mile 8 was +1 min and mile 9 was +2 min 

LRB

I'd say it's a well-deserved rest day, Dave.

I ran 5 in warm, steamy weather.  We're running about 20º higher than average during the day and the overnight low is 10º higher than average.  I have a track workout scheduled tomorrow and the last time I ran this particular workout it was 40º colder than what I expect tomorrow morning at 6:00 am (i.e. 72º ).  It will be interesting to see how the warmer weather affects the workout.

Should be able to hit your paces more quickly and consistently provided it's not too soupy.

LRB

6 miles super easy through an overcast mist.

Dave--glad you aren't too wrecked.

Was talking to my friend/Coach about the upcoming HM in 6 weeks. She's not writing plans for me right now but figured I'd get suggestions for workouts to prepare for this. When I ran it for fun in 2019, pace for mile 8 was +1 min and mile 9 was +2 min 

An elevator would make more sense. lol

LRB

Morning! I, on the other hand, didn't sleep well. Dreamed of my dad again but this time there was no sadness or desperation in my dream.

Wow.

delicate flower

Happy Monday, y'all!  Or as we say here in the northern states, "you all."  I did almost a full hour of continuous, non-stop swimming this morning.  2900 yards in 58:30.  I couldn't quite squeeze in 3000 yards in my one hour time slot.  Good swim.  I just got back from a 5 mile recovery jog in some bullshit heat and humidity.

I need to look at the race calendar and sign up for something.  There is a triathlon I can do tomorrow night but the weather says thunderstorms and I'm not going to sign up only to have it cancelled.  We all had enough of that shit last year.

Enjoy your rest day, Dave!

<3

LRB

I ran 5.7.

I came across 3 cats around mile 3. One saw me immediately and took off to the west. The second one saw me and hopped the fence. The 3rd one didn't see me until I was on top of him and he dropped low into the grass and hissed at me.

My only suggestion is to fake an injury and DNS. That course is a ginormous nope for me.

Dave

Happy Monday, y'all!  Or as we say here in the northern states, "you all yinz." 

Or this, if it's the northern state of Pittsburgh.

Dave

I thought wow, that's a long training plan! Then I realized, nope, that's a normal training plan. Maybe I should have tried one of those, lol. Where the hell did the year go?

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Should be able to hit your paces more quickly and consistently provided it's not too soupy.

I'm not so sure.  I really like running in cold weather.  For a while, my 5k PR was a race run when the start time temp was 15ºF.  Yes, the first lap or two are harder in the cold weather, but after that the cold doesn't bother me.  Maybe it's the more-than-ample level of insulation I tend to carry around.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

onemile

I'm not so sure.  I really like running in cold weather.  For a while, my 5k PR was a race run when the start time temp was 15ºF.  Yes, the first lap or two are harder in the cold weather, but after that the cold doesn't bother me.  Maybe it's the more-than-ample level of insulation I tend to carry around.

yeah there is no way I am hitting my paces faster and more consistently in the 70s lol