Beginners and Beyond

Phiilefan's St. Luke's HM RR (long, with pics) (Read 87 times)

tracilynn

Great job and beautiful course.  WAY TO GO!  Nice legs too

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jess runs for bacon

Congratulations on a strong HM debut! I agree, that hill into the stadium is cruel. It was great to meet you! You look like you are doing great in those final pics Smile

Hip Redux

Wow, what a pretty place to run!  Great job on your first half!

The home of the canaries - I can't say I've ever known a school to have a canary for a mascot!  Ha!

LRB

You pee fast, it would have taken me half the split!

Congrats on a well run race.  You didn't outpace your fitness and it shows, there is something to be said for that.

Enjoy the feeling of satisfaction, that which you will likely never forget!

Mmmmm...beer

Great job on your first half!  Congrats on beating your goal! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

hog4life

Margo, I'm so glad you decided to go with the 2:20 pacer, seems as though it was near perfect. If you remember, I posted some similar concerns for my half back in February. I think those last 3 miles are always tough, and you did very well pushing through till the end.  You look great in your pics! Not a day over 29 Big grin .

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Welcome to the HM Club Margo. You ran a great race and exhibited excellent PP management.    It's been so much fun getting ready for the debut HM with you and the Pengs.

B-Plus

Congrats on your first! Those are some great pics.

Philliefan33

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

An even bigger thanks for the knowledge, encouragement, and occasional kick in the pants that this little online community provides. I could not have done it without the help  of the people here.

To be honest, I would have never even considered running a HM if it weren't for you bunch of enablers!

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Phantastic job Margo.  Thru all the doubt you had in Jan/Feb, wondering if you could even finish....pfffft... you NAILED it.  How much fun is it that both you and DH got to run in the same course but different events.  I know you have better endurance than he, but props to the running husbands.  Now go nail the rest of the Bucks 5k series.  Looking forward to meeting you at the BC Half Marathon in September, nice easy course and its close by.

Only question: would you have run with that gal if she was a Mets fan?  hehe.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Great job, and what a beautiful course! The firefighters in full gear are impressive!

One Half So Far

Grats, Margo, sounds like you had a great time.  +1 on the legs comments Smile

PR: 5K 26:34 (Would have been faster if I hadn't had to tie my shoe), 5M: 43:10, 10K: 54:51. First HM 4/14/13 2:03:23

6/1: Moonlight 5M, Springfield 43:10

7/4 Butte to Butte 10K, Eugene

7/21 Run in the Country HM, Coburg

Another HM sometime in October or November.  Several to choose from.

Philliefan33

Phantastic job Margo.  Thru all the doubt you had in Jan/Feb, wondering if you could even finish....pfffft... you NAILED it.  How much fun is it that both you and DH got to run in the same course but different events.  I know you have better endurance than he, but props to the running husbands.  Now go nail the rest of the Bucks 5k series.  Looking forward to meeting you at the BC Half Marathon in September, nice easy course and its close by.

Only question: would you have run with that gal if she was a Mets fan?  hehe.

If she was wearing a Mets hat I would have been obligated to smoke her ass.

You are talking about the Half along the towpath, correct?  That's on my radar, but I think it is the same weekend as my nephew's wedding in Reno. I may have to wait and run the one in November.

Bin Running

Great job in knocking off your 1st HM.. Respectable timing too.. And, you look so happy!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Congrats!  Very nice report and pics, you made a real story out of the race.

PS - There are far worse team names than Canaries.  My HS were the Trojans.  Oh, the jokes we had to endure.  Canaries would have been fine.  Smile