Beginners and Beyond

I ran today! (Read 148 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So happy to see this post!!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Luke79

Outstanding.  God, it's been forever.  Grats man.

GinnyinPA

Hurray!  I know how it feels to be able to run at last, after being sidelined for a long long while.  Take it slow, and you will get back to where you were before your surgery.  Congratulations.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Whoo!!  So glad you're back at it - and SOO glad you're being smart about it.

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

hog4life

That is great news, just don't overdo it coming back.

Love the Half

Most excellent.  Stay healthy and don't push it too hard too early.  Your aerobic system will be ahead of your support structure.  Give it time to catch up regardless of how frustrating that may be.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Glad to see you back!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Great news, take it slow though.

B-Plus

Great news!

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Good for you!  Be careful about doing too much too soon though.

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

I <3 this thread. I admire your positive outlook and how hard you've been working during recovery.

workinprogress11

Great news!  I'm so glad it went so well.  I know you must be feeling so happy.  I am happy for you.

Great news baboon! Slow and easy for a while and enjoy!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

It's good to see you back at it. When I saw "40 mins" as your first workout back I was thinking that might be a bit much, but the walk/run intervals was probably a good call.

I missed all the spring races, all the Boston tribute runs, and this entire year will be focused on recovery and building back up (not to mention DW and I had to cancel our ski vacation).  Prior to my injury, my running was at it's best.  I was looking forward to a strong year of running.

That sounds like my life from November 2011 to the end of 2012. I'm still not back to where I was, but I'm getting stronger every week and can see my PRs falling this summer.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

RSX

Congrats