Beginners and Beyond

What are you doing for the END OF THE WORLD? (Read 422 times)

sugnim

So, as we all know, the world will undoubtedly end this Friday, 12/21/12. Ho-hum, right?  We've been through a few ends of the world, and at least from my perspective, nothing very interesting has ever happened.

This time the world is ending, I'm hosting an informal run I'm calling RUN FOR YOUR LIFE IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!  A group of runners will meet on Friday evening, hopefully dressed as Mayans, zombies, aliens, comets, or anything else, run amok through the downtown area for about 3.3 miles, and then gather for pizza & beer.  Not a bad way to spend the last day on earth, in my opinion. 

So, what are you doing for the end of the world?  Anything fun?  (Please don't say you are moving into your underground bunker.)

Just B.S.

I have a dentist appointment. It's only a cleaning, could be worse. It could be root canal

on the last day!LOL

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Kissing my wife's ass goodbye...at least I'll go out with a smile... Big grin

Actually, I have a 5K Dec 22 in Seguin, Texas.  If the world does end while we run, it sure will be an interesting race!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So, as we all know, the world will undoubtedly end this Friday, 12/21/12. Ho-hum, right?  We've been through a few ends of the world, and at least from my perspective, nothing very interesting has ever happened.

This time the world is ending, I'm hosting an informal run I'm calling RUN FOR YOUR LIFE IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!  A group of runners will meet on Friday evening, hopefully dressed as Mayans, zombies, aliens, comets, or anything else, run amok through the downtown area for about 3.3 miles, and then gather for pizza & beer.  Not a bad way to spend the last day on earth, in my opinion. 

So, what are you doing for the end of the world?  Anything fun?  (Please don't say you are moving into your underground bunker.)

Going into my underground bunker.  Smile

I was going to run a race with you in Montana, but by the time I make it up there, the world will be finished.  Oh well...

Pirate Syd the Engorged

I was planning on ending the world drinking beer at the post race party after the Doomsday 5k.  Then I received an email from the race directors stating that they had to move the date of the race to Saturday night....duh, that's AFTER the end of the world.

Something about a mixup with the venue, out of their conrol, blah blah blah.

No one has really specified how long it will take for the world to actually end, so I'm hoping that I'll still be around Sat night.  I figure there will be less competition for age group awards and post party beer.

happylily

I'm hosting a birthday party for a 5 year old girl AND a Christmas party for my 5 clients, aged 1 1/2 to 5. Then, at 5 pm, after I send them home, I'll lock the door and lay down for a nap, waiting for the end to begin.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

I'll lock the door and lay down for a nap, waiting for the end to begin.

This has been done a few times before....in some cases it worked too well for the individuals.  Stay awake and go out for a big dinner instead.

SheCan

Your ending sounds so nice, and totally fun!  I'm hoping my last day has something to do with hot cocoa and my family.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Trying to figure out what EPO cocktail to down in order to BQ by then...

Obviously the bagel and PB was not the solution.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I have a haircut at 4 on Friday.  I'm thinking of cutting all my hair off (no not ALL of it but I'm thinking about going REALLY SHORT).

I haven't had really short hair since I was a little girl.  It's always been at least chin length or shoulder length.

What do you think?  If I hate it the world is going to end anyway......or if not, I can wear a hat until it grows back Smile

Moving into an underground bunker safe house

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

sugnim

I have a haircut at 4 on Friday.  I'm thinking of cutting all my hair off (no not ALL of it but I'm thinking about going REALLY SHORT).

I haven't had really short hair since I was a little girl.  It's always been at least chin length or shoulder length.

What do you think?  If I hate it the world is going to end anyway......or if not, I can wear a hat until it grows back Smile

Yes, get a new haircut.  You definitely want to look good for the end of the world.  Also, post before & after pics.  

Little Blue

I don't have any specific plans for Friday, but I have delayed cleaning my bathrooms.  I figure there's no point in doing it until Saturday, or maybe never.

Joking

cmb4314

I'm going to visit family for Christmas.

What happens if I'm up in a plane when the world ends? Shocked

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Anomalous

Preparing for a Christmas party at my sister's house the day after the end of the world. So, in other words - food and alcohol sampling Big grin

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi