Beginners and Beyond

No Shoes, No Shirt, No SATURDAILIES (Read 71 times)

runmomto3boys

Solid 20, Heidi.

As for me and racing, well, every long time runner eventually faces a situation where they realize their best running days are behind them. Maybe I'm there, maybe I'm not, no way to know for sure right now. But after more than a year of getting injured every time I try to get myself in shape to race, I think I've come to terms with the possibility that I am there, and there may be no more PRs in my future. It's still a little depressing, but I think I am much more accepting of it than I was a year ago. So anyway, no need to feel sorry for me.

Your best running days are NOT behind you, you goose.  You JUST ran a 1:18 HM in October!!!!  Sick time, right there: crazy fast.  You just need to get healthy.  Period.  Then, the PRs will continue to come.  You are ridiculously talented.  I do, however, understand your frustration with the injury garbage.  I can't imagine.  My IT band stuff drove me nutso and I wasn't even knocked out all that long.  Something like the injury that you are dealing with would be really hard for me to handle, myself. I get that, for sure. Regardless, know that we all think you are a rock star and that you are going to come back from this better, faster, and stronger.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

Just sneaking a quick peek into the forum from work. Been keeping my nose to the computer's grindstone for the last few hours and I'm taking a mental break.

Anyway, weather's nice - 52 and sunny. I brought my gym bag to work, and I will be changing to my running cloths just before quitting time. Hoping to get in 6, but it depends on when my relief shows up. Shift change is at 5-ish, and sundown is 5:52 officially. The park closes at sundown so I have to time my run accordingly.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yes, because there is blood, and scrapage lol.  I hope you kick ass at your upcoming 10k April.

SIAR, no it wasn't bad.  Nothin' hurt but mah pride man.

Thanks, dude! Good luck with your 10-miler. Smile I had my first (and only, to date) fall about 8 months after I started running. It was in my neighborhood in front of some guy's house, and of COURSE he was hanging out in his garage so he saw it happen. He asked if I was okay, I was mortified and said "yep!" and got up and ran home. I still have the scar on my hand.

5-6 on tap for me in a few minutes.l

You can call me Anna

notimeforthat

Al, I am starting to understand the lingo now so I know that is awesome!! Congrats!

Glad the boy quit barfing too!LOL

One of our local triathletes who is a swim coach offered to watch me swim today and give a few pointers.

Then she swam and showed me what I was doing and then swam with the corrections. It was really

helpful.

I told her I've only been working on it for 2 weeks and she told me my body position, arm positions  and

breathing techniques were really good and that I was a natural. That made my day!  I need to work on

rolling my body more, a more full extension of the arms after entry and a little less kick. So that is my goal

for this  week.

See if you can find some video on kicking on your side....

http://www.realsimple.com/health/fitness-exercise/workouts/work-out-with-swim-00000000036214/page2.html

you can add to it (they link how after the first drill....use fins though, otherwise you will hate me.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I ran the Richmond Hill Resolution Runz 1 mile and 5K this morning.  I got second AG in the 1 mile and a new 5K PR by nearly a minute.  I'm inching ever closer to a sub-30 5K!  Today was a good running day for me getting bling for the first time Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Listen to Heidi, scrape.

Your best running days are NOT behind you, you goose.  You JUST ran a 1:18 HM in October!!!!  Sick time, right there: crazy fast.  You just need to get healthy.  Period.  Then, the PRs will continue to come.  You are ridiculously talented.  I do, however, understand your frustration with the injury garbage.  I can't imagine.  My IT band stuff drove me nutso and I wasn't even knocked out all that long.  Something like the injury that you are dealing with would be really hard for me to handle, myself. I get that, for sure. Regardless, know that we all think you are a rock star and that you are going to come back from this better, faster, and stronger.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Pinktastic

Way to go, Robert!  Congrats on the bling and the PR!  Totally awesome!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

14.05 with an average pace of 10:35 - way too fast for that distance.  My stomach hasn't forgiven me yet......

Nice runs today, everyone!!  Code and Luke, sorry about your mishaps, but I'm glad you're both okay!

runmomto3boys

14.05 with an average pace of 10:35 - way too fast for that distance.  My stomach hasn't forgiven me yet......

Nice runs today, everyone!!  Code and Luke, sorry about your mishaps, but I'm glad you're both okay!

WOOHOOO!!!!  What a run!!!!!

Docket_Rocket

Nice run, Pink!

We had lunch and now my eye is swollen, which means they cooked some shellfish close to my food.  I am not pleased.  Even my stomach is rebelling.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

I'm back!  WOOHOO!!!

Do you even run?

7 miles for me. And it felt awesome. I guess it felt so good I did an accidental pseudo progression run which I only realized after I looked at the Garmin when I got home.

Started at a nice easy 10:20 pace, then mile 2 a bit faster at 10:09, mile 3 shaved another 10 seconds to 9:59, and then another 10 at mile 4 9:49, apparently I still had a bunch of gas in the tank at mile 5 and that was a blistering 9:29, mile 6 was a bit slower at 9:33, and then apparently I picked it back up at mile 7 and finished up with a 9:29 pace.

I cannot even tell you how good it feels to be able to run 7 miles at those paces again. I thought it would never happen after the last half of 2012.

You can call me Anna

Pinktastic

I'm back!  WOOHOO!!!

Nice shoes, Kay!  I love my Brooks!

@runjerseygirl

Nice shoes, Kay!  I love my Brooks!

Thanks!

On a side note, it is absolutely amazing to have other runners who support me when I don't get it elsewhere.  My RP came with me and helped me with my kids so I could get fitted.  She helped me pick the ones that were right for me.  Plus, I had another runner friend I was texting who was Googling and walking me through everything.  It was awesome having people who actually support me and care about my running.

I can't wait to try out my new shoes!

Do you even run?