Beginners and Beyond

Labor Dailies! (Read 29 times)

delicate flower

'Morning!  Well after getting hit with the scraps of Harvey yesterday, it is sunny and beautiful today.  I'm headed out for an easy 90 minute bike ride with wife and friend in lieu of my scheduled swim since the pool is closed.  Then I have a 4 mile jog.  I need to go easy today since I've got a bike "power test" tomorrow.  As swims, bikes, and runs go, workouts don't get any harder than a bike power test.  

What's up, party people!

<3

LRB

What's up, party people!

I went to sleep with an idea on running this morning but I really need to get the crap in my garage sorted out before the work-week begins anew, so that is what I will do. Blah.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates class soon and 6 miles tonight.  Hubby does not work today (a rare treat, since he worked all weekend), so we'll see what we can do today that does not require going outside in 106F heat index, ha.

Apparently, Hurricane Irma scared Miamians enough to have them already buy all the water at Publix.  Sheesh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 8. It was rough, man.

No more marathons

Going with the theory that if you tell enough people you are going to do something, you will actually do that something - I'm going to run for 45 to 60 minutes later today.  No idea how far that will be - but I'm going to keep moving for that length of time.

MTA:  but first - going out for a late labor day breakfast with DW.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

WHY I do this every year, I don't know.  But 21:14 5K, 46:17 10K, and my ankles didn't give up on me, so I'm not even upset at running slower than I wanted.  Fourth female in both.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I ran 8. It was rough, man.

Looks about right for a 10k PR followed up with a 2 hour and 20 minute long run a day later.

There's a word for that. #oof

LRB

WHY I do this every year, I don't know.  But 21:14 5K, 46:17 10K, and my ankles didn't give up on me, so I'm not even upset at running slower than I wanted.  Fourth female in both.

I did a mile/10k combo a couple of years way back when, it's cool.

delicate flower

Heh, Galen Rupp won our big local Labor Day 20K road race today.  Cool.

http://www.courant.com/sports/hc-road-race-new-haven-0905-20170904-story.html

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles. Waited a little too long to get out, so it was a little warmer out, but still nice.

Bluerun, nice races!

It was rough, man.

Tell me about it. A 12.5 mile HM, and thank god, because it couldn't be over soon enough. It was a trainwreck. About 1:33. Eric: please hide the logs again, no one should see my splits. Although amazingly, I was still passing some people in the later miles, so maybe it wasn't just me. Got pretty warm out there. No AG results posted yet.

Dave

LRB

Tell me about it. A 12.5 mile HM, and thank god, because it couldn't be over soon enough. It was a trainwreck. About 1:33. Eric: please hide the logs again, no one should see my splits. Although amazingly, I was still passing some people in the later miles, so maybe it wasn't just me. Got pretty warm out there. No AG results posted yet.

lol

You held it together pretty well looking at your fastest and slowest mile (7:16 - 7:40) all things considered, but I know what you mean. When you're running off pace for damn near two hours it's punishment.

Pie?

bluerun

Super B****

I did a mile/10k combo a couple of years way back when, it's cool.

It's crazy!!  (There are always a few people who do both, but I think I might have been the only one this year.)

Bluerun, nice races!

Thanks!

Look at my 5K splits.  You'll feel better. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

So is there an explanation as to what happened to the other .6 miles?

onemile

Wow, that sucks DaveP. Being off by that much is inexcusable