Beginners and Beyond

Sub 2 Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

KCRuns, I assume you are ahead of me in wave 1?  PM me if you want to meet today or tomorrow. I am staying near the start.

Hubby is in the air and heading my way!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I know. Every time I go to get some though I end up with my standard vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and caramel sauce.

You have to get those toppings on coffee ice cream,

delicate flower

The Ironman World Championshp is streaming live on the interweb right now.  This is good stuff.  The leader is on pace for a 2:40 marathon through 18 miles.  He is no Kipchoge.  FYI my last Ironman marathon was 4:40.

<3

KCRuns

KCRuns, I assume you are ahead of me in wave 1?  PM me if you want to meet today or tomorrow. I am staying near the start.

Hubby is in the air and heading my way!!

I’m in Wave 2, corral G. You? Already in the for the night. I wish I’d posted earlier when we were out. 
          after the race, we are headed to Weather Mark Tavern at 15th & Michigan. Y’all are welcome to join us! I’ll PM you my cell if you want to text to meet up.

Docket_Rocket

I’m in Wave 2, corral G. You? Already in the for the night. I wish I’d posted earlier when we were out. 
            after the race, we are headed to Weather Mark Tavern at 15th & Michigan. Y’all are welcome to join us! I’ll PM you my cell if you want to text to meet up.

I am in the same corral and wave!  Maybe we can see each other there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I really didn't want to go run today, but mid-afternoon I finally forced myself out the door because I knew I'd feel better if I did. Once I had warmed up, it was a good hilly 7.2 miles.

LRB

Just saw Joker. That was two hours of my life I'll never get back.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I would try it at least. You can't hate something until it's in your mouth.

Hahaha

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just saw Joker. That was two hours of my life I'll never get back.

I have zero interest in seeing that.

Dave

LRB

I have zero interest in seeing that.

It wasn't high on my list but I found myself with some free time last night. I hadn't read much about it but what I had read was how outstanding Joaquin's performance was. Man, that thing was awful. Awfully slow, awfully boring and end the end, awfully repugnant.

It wasn't high on my list but I found myself with some free time last night. I hadn't read much about it but what I had read was how outstanding Joaquin's performance was. Man, that thing was awful. Awfully slow, awfully boring and end the end, awfully repugnant.

It just looked to be disturbing for the sake of being disturbing. And an attempt at a modern-day mashup of Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy, which I think no one asked for. Seems like people either love or hate this one.

Dave