Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins - Winter Starts Today? (Read 29 times)

hog4life

Congrats to Dave, and OFS!

LRB

Ran my first 5k today. 29:52 was better than I had hoped.

Nice!

obiebyke

Dave, your accomplishment is incredible! Congratulations!

OFS, not so slow! Wow, sub 30:00 on your first try. Nice work.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Thanks everyone. I should fess up that I'm not a complete rookie, as I did run a season of XC as a HS freshman back in 1979, hahaha!!!
          Bin Running

Thanks for the concern.. It's a silly accident.. I was at my yard (small place where we hand and dry our laundry).. I was arranging stuff with my back bend and I was to turn around and out of the yard.. I was too fast and the door frame caught my right side of the face.. It's appear to be a deep cut but the bleeding stopped pretty quickly once I applied pressure on it.. Looks like I might have flipped the skin.

As it's Sat afternoon at 2pm.. none of the nearby clinic was  operating.. I didn't knew if I needed stitches.. So, I went to the hospital which is 10 mins walk.. Not much pain and they used some sort of surgical tape to hold it..

Pictures to follows..

Cherie, that pic of the dumpling is accurate.. It's mainly glutinous rice which filling on the bigger ones.. Popular fillings are peanuts, black sesame and red beans.

Dave, congrats!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Bin Running

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: well done, son! you should have a nice little scar. Smile Glad you are ok.

GinnyinPA

Dave - congratulations.  This was your first 50k wasn't it?  Good job.  You really got lucky with the weather.

OFS - you did great on your first 5k in several years.  Losing weight will certainly cut time, and more time on your feet will also help.  I did my first and second 5ks two months apart and cut a minute off my time.  I was thrilled.  I later cut another minute off.  It felt really good.

Jack - sorry, no camera.  It was a nice hike though, because it was high on a ridge, winding through oak and pine forest, with distant views of purple hills.

Bin - not as bad as I expected from your description.  You'll be running in a few days; just wait until it's well scabbed over so you don't break it open again.  Ran into a door, eh?  Isn't that usually what people say when their spouse hits them?  Did your wife find out you didn't have a Christmas present for her yet?

hog4life

Ginny, that comment to Bin was funny! Have you ever hiked much in/near the Smokies? Specifically the Chimney Tops trail? The half I signed up for has a promotion to get 50% off next year's race if you make this hike, take a photograph with bib and medal within 72 hours of completing the race. Sounds like a challenge, but I'm going for it.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, boy, Bin.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Ginny, maybe she knew I didn't get her anything and set me to trip. Haa

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar