Beginners and Beyond

Long run done Saturdalies (Read 30 times)

No more marathons

get er done gang

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

8 miles done - longest run in 2 months.

And the pace was second fastest this week.

Do I run the long(ish) runs faster just to get them over with?   Hmmmm.

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wanted to hit the gym this morning, but Dorian had a rough night and morning so today might be a rest day... I've got 12 miles to run tomorrow so I want to make sure I get those in.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

And WTFIE?

Oops - FS accounted for  Smile

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

WTFIE?

I like this.

I went for a very short bike ride just to check the equipment. Good to go. Athlete check in at 11:00.  I slept more last night (9 hours) than I did during my entire three day trip to Williamsburg for my last 70.3.  It'll be a hot one tomorrow with a very rare-for-Niagara lack of wind.

<3

LRB

Woke up to find that I couldn't find my Garmin. Drove to work to check the gym (where I showered yesterday) and there was a note that a custodian "found" it and of course it's locked up till Monday. Great. Why they just didn't leave it I don't know. I guess I should be grateful but I'm annoyed. No one steals there and it's not accessible to the public. Whatever. It's my fault. Sigh.

I like this.

I went for a very short bike ride just to check the equipment. Good to go. Athlete check in at 11:00.  I slept more last night (9 hours) than I did during my entire three day trip to Williamsburg for my last 70.3.  It'll be a hot one tomorrow with a very rare-for-Niagara lack of wind.

Where you staying in the Falls? Where you eating tonight? I've spent a ton of time there, I used to go on business a lot, although it's been a long time. There was a great Italian place I would've recommended for carb-loading called Casa d'Oro, on Ferry Street, but I'm pretty sure it's not there anymore. Very helpful, I know.

Dave

delicate flower

Where you staying in the Falls? Where you eating tonight? I've spent a ton of time there, I used to go on business a lot, although it's been a long time. There was a great Italian place I would've recommended for carb-loading called Casa d'Oro, on Ferry Street, but I'm pretty sure it's not there anymore. Very helpful, I know.

We rented a house...five people staying here.  The house description and pictures need updating because we can fit more people.  We've got an unused bedroom with two queen beds in it.  Such a waste and we've got more friends staying in hotel rooms.  We ate at Doc Mcgallgan's Irish Pub last night.  Excellent food.  Tonight we're cooking in so we can control the food.

<3

onemile

Woke up to find that I couldn't find my Garmin. Drove to work to check the gym (where I showered yesterday) and there was a note that a custodian "found" it and of course it's locked up till Monday. Great. Why they just didn't leave it I don't know. I guess I should be grateful but I'm annoyed. No one steals there and it's not accessible to the public. Whatever. It's my fault. Sigh.

Now you won't be able to run all weekend!

onemile

I ran 5

Sounds like a good enough excuse for me.

Dave

No more marathons

I ran 5

Wait.  What?  I ran more today than onemile?

Mark this one down in the record books.  Smile

He's a leaker!

LRB

Right? Thank you!  I should sue Garmin for not having a hey idiot, you're forgetting your watch feature. lol

LRB

Sounds like a good enough excuse for me.

Or I could just "run" 22 miles at 6:55 per mile. Big grin

Speaking of shit you couldn't make up if you tried, over 5,800 runners were disqualified from last month's Mexico City Marathon. Some were even accused of taking a train from the start to the finish. What??

Speaking of shit you couldn't make up if you tried, over 5,800 runners were disqualified from last month's Mexico City Marathon. Some were even accused of taking a train from the start to the finish. What??

Now that's the kind of marathon training I could get into!

I'll be here all week.

6 miles of meh.

Dave