Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguin's Screaming for Ice Cream !!! (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

Morning, got 5 done this morning. Last day of Thoroughbred racing today so I'll be back to a Mon-Fri scheduled  for a couple of months till Quarter Horse season starts in late September.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope the 5 wasn't too hot, PAD.

Enjoy the non-museum days, sapf.  We hope to make it to Paris soon.

From the Internet.

Hour of intervals in the pool followed by upper body weights this morning, negated all of that, and half of yesterday's workout too, by having ice cream from the dairy bar in town for lunch. Best ice cream ever. A scoop of extreme chocolate and a scoop of black bear (raspberry with chocolate chips and chocolate covered raspberry truffles) for me, a kid-sized black bear for the kid, of which she ate about 4 bites before declaring that she was full. Next time she's just going to have to deal with sharing my ice cream, I'm not forking over a whopping $5 for her to waste it! :P

hog4life

Congrats on the 10K, PR, Emmbee.

Can't believe you ran at all after that awful day, Mitch.  Really put those running hydration skills to good use.

Good luck Sunday racers.

Jerry, I hope all this training in the heat pays off.for my fall races. But I talked to a guy the other day that feels the oposite. He feels it takes too long to properly recover from the heat and being near dehydrated all the time. I'm not sure either way. I know the heat and sweating pulls the life out of me, slows me down and forces me to walk and cut some runs short. But on the other hand, I work in a steel mill where it's always hotter that heck, so I'm sort of used to it, and I feel that I recover above average .

Docket_Rocket

12 on the TM done.  Now off to do laundry.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Heat advisory here - 92 feels like 102 - so I was very happy to do my 14 miles on the TM today.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Celebrated Ice Cream Day.  Surprisingly uncrowded at the ice cream shop.  Maybe they don't follow this thread.

Zelanie

Very late check in for me- sorry!  Mitch, I'm glad you were able to get a run in.  I couldn't celebrate ice cream day because I had a monster serving of french toast this morning. 

Yesterday got busy, so I ran 12 today on the TM in the heat of the day.  Took 2 breaks, but got it done.  I got the suggestion in another group to watch a marathon when doing LRs on the TM, and that was good.  It was exciting and took about the right amount of time.

GinnyinPA

Where did you find the marathon to watch?  I like trail videos - but they're usually only an hour.