Beginners and Beyond

Friday? (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

I saw it today. It is an extremely deep movie, with its true meaning only being revealed at its end (at least that's how long it took for me to get it ). I walked out with several people who didn't even realize what the twist was. I will not spoil it for you, but will be interested to see if it falls into place for you when you see it.

This is not an action flick or typical alien block buster shoot 'em up bang-bang movie as we know them. It is slow but deliberate, and nicely done in my opinion.

I have not even seen the two that started last weekend, so I'm behind, gah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I (and Dorian) got in 3.2 miles earlier, hoping to get in another 3-4 here in a bit.

Yes, Jetta is feeling very much 100% but we will see next Thursday just how much she's healed.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Baboon, are you getting your money's worth for the photo package?

960 photos.  The full download is 1 gigabyte.  I think I'll wait until I get home tomorrow to hit that download button.

<3

onemile

I ran 8

Zelanie

Since I got my run in already, we are going out to see Arrival.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got in another 4.1 miles after dinner, by myself. Rocky did good on the 3.2 miles earlier, so I wasn't going to push it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Good movie. And it didn't really come together for me until pretty close to the end.