Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty THURSDAILIES need to hydrate! (Read 225 times)

delicate flower

I can't wait until I can do something like this on a treadmill!  I'm new to speed work and new to the treadmill.  What kind do you have? or do you go to a gym?  I'm in the market for a new one.  Great job by the way!

Today is a 5 mile run for me.  I did strength training last night and my shoulders are killing me. 

Thanks!  I go to a gym for my treadmilling.  LifeFitness machines of some type.  I definitely prefer to run outdoors but I feel I get better speed workouts on the treadmill, and results show it works for me. 

<3

StepbyStep-SH

It is a coffee morning for me - DS was up at 5:15 (and I hadn't gone to bed until close to midnight), and it's a SRD. I will catch a noon strength training class, though - still a bit sore from Tuesday's class, but I do love feeling strong. Bring on the weights!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning dailies!

8 miles @ 7:37/mile in the books this morning.  Good run.  Intended to do my first tempo, but overdressed and got too hot, so I just held a decent pace. 

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Good morningSmile Rick, i was becoming concerned; thanks for the delicious-looking virtual brewSmile Weezer, makk9898, So_I'm_a_Runner, Lori, Baboon, Bob, eatrunlivehappy, enjoy your runs. Kay, have fun with whatever you do. Gustav, I'm proud of how you're staying positive and doing your best. I wish that my attitude were more like yours. MtnBikerChk, I feel the same way:/ Shari, enjoy your SRD. Dtothe2nd, great run! I'm also having trouble making paragraphs. I post from my iPhone.
            Abs done before bed last night. This morning, I did weights and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer this morning. Abs again before bed tonight. A three-or-four-mile recovery run either tonight or tomorrow morning.
            Docket_Rocket

Abs done before bed last night. This morning, I did weights and forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer this morning. Abs again before bed tonight. A three-or-four-mile recovery run either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Are they giving abs around?  I want some! Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning dailies!

Tanked my run last night, gave up 2.4 miles into a 4 mile run. Should be able to make them up on Saturday (I'm doing a virtual half marathon). Tonight I have a time trial on my treadmill, first of a few in my marathon training.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Dailies!

It's a rest day today - too much to do, and the legs are a bit sore from yesterday's vigorous 10 mile run. My streak ends at 10, but that's not bad at all.

Enjoy your runs, everyone!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

What up doe!

Got 30 minutes done on the elliptical, burning about 250 calories.  That's not much, but it's the principle of the thing.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run on the San Antonio Riverwalk after work yesterday.  As I was finishing up, some of the holiday lights were going on, so as I crossed over some bridges overseeing the Riverwalk, here were a couple of my views...

I was initially planning to do 3 miles easy, but felt so good out there, I ended up with 4.2 miles.  It's great to still be able to run in shorts and a singlet in December!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Good stuff, Scotty.  Smile

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning, people!

SIAR, pick your favorite and stick with them. Smile I only run with a group once a week, sometimes twice if it's a "special occasion" (like the night run I did with the LRS last Friday). I'm very local to my Saturday run-then-breakfast group. I run with a RP once or twice a week but I do enjoy some solo runs.

Angela, I have problems posting from my Android phone. No paragraphs. Kind of a bummer because I read the forums on my phone a lot, so I feel like if I want to write a substantial reply I need to get to a computer. It's a bummer.

As for me, I'm busy after work so I'm hitting the gym on my lunchbreak for ~30 minutes on the bike. I'm taking today and tomorrow off from running since I have a 5-mile race on Saturday. It will be an instant PR since I haven't run a 5-mile race before, but I still don't want to sandbag it. Shooting for 47:30 - straight 9:30 miles, a little faster than my 10k pace. We'll see.

Have a good day!

ETA: Great pics, Scotty! How pretty.

happylily

Beautiful pics, Scotty! Wow!!!

Morning guys! Rest day today. DD's birthday dinner is tonight and we're also putting the Christmas tree up together. Fun! Only three kids today at work. The other two stayed home with gastro (which they caught from older siblings attending elementary school). Wash your hands everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

What a great view, Scotty! I'm envious!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

What up doe!

Got 30 minutes done on the elliptical, burning about 250 calories.  That's not much, but it's the principle of the thing.

Hey, 250 calories, that's something like 2.5 ounces of really lean beef! Mmmmmm....

My Coffee's kickin' in!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54