Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES can dig it (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

12.25 miles on the bike.  It felt good to bike today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good evening, Dailies, and happy HUMP Day!

SRD/URD - definitely a non-running day. Probably should have just got out and ran right after work, but I didn't feel like it.

I did spend a good part of the afternoon touring a nearby Hydroelectric Power Plant, which was enjoyable. I really miss my days of hands-on work.

Probably going to hit the TM tomorrow after work for a quick 2 or 3, but I have to shoot pool tomorrow night also, so I won't have much time to run.

I really hope that this cold weather goes away soon - It's unpleasant here, but from what I've been reading, it's been downright oppressive up north!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D, glad to see that you're getting some riding done on the bike. That will help a great deal with keeping your cardiovascular system up to par for when you return to running!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I am finally in after a long day.  I stopped by Tivoli's for pizza for the first time (a place everyone raves about) and while it was good in its own right, it certainly was not Crust thin (what they serve at the theater).

That may sound weird but Crust uses four cheeses (Parmigiano, mozzarella, provolone, fontinella) and that is simply hard to beat.  I brought some of tonight's leftover pizza home but I am not wasting my cheat calories on that, no way!

Docket_Rocket

I am finally in after a long day.  I stopped by Tivoli's for pizza for the first time (a place everyone raves about) and while it was good in its own right, it certainly was not Crust thin (what they serve at the theater).

That may sound weird but Crust uses four cheeses (Parmigiano, mozzarella, provolone, fontinella) and that is simply hard to beat.  I brought some of tonight's leftover pizza home but I am not wasting my cheat calories on that, no way!

Thin crust pizza.  Yum.  Now I want some tomorrow.  Thank you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Tonight's 4 miler went so much freaking better than this morning, freezing cold but still so much better. Finished 10 minutes faster than this morning, sure there was an extra .3 miles on this morning's run but oh well. Now for some spaghetti!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Tonight's 4 miler went so much freaking better than this morning, freezing cold but still so much better. Finished 10 minutes faster than this morning, sure there was an extra .3 miles on this morning's run but oh well. Now for some spaghetti!

Nice!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

It's unpleasant here, but from what I've been reading, it's been downright oppressive up north!

We are so sick of it, we do not even look up at the sky anymore in protest!

Damaris, I'm thrilled to hear that.

Yugo18, great twelve.

Zelanie, it's only Wesnesday. You can do it.

Jay, it stinks that you're disappointed by tonight's run.

FreeSoul87, I'm glad that tonight's run went better

Tom, it has been oppressive here. Forget Boston strong. I'm Lynn p*****.

I missed doing seven miles tonight. The father of one of the kids had a medical emergency, so she was late being picked up. I did ab work ad push-ups with her while waiting for her grandmother. So, tomorrow and Friday, I have to do weights, an hour of cardio, on or two seven-mile runs, and Rick's interval workout. Also, ab work and push-ups both days.

LRB

I did ab work ad push-ups with her while waiting for her grandmother.

You must have abs of steel with all the ab work you do!  I actually did 100 crunches before my run this morning, that's a first. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D, I can't wait to get back to biking... heck I can't wait to get back to doing other things other than running - hiking, walking, rollerblading... all of these involving my son by the way which why I have avoided those activities this winter.

Basya - I sure hope you inspire the kids you care for, not too many things feel better than when you inspire someone else by being healthy and active.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

In the end I had a nice little run tonight.  Even though I got home late, ran in my old shoes, and ran the whole thing on my boring dark neighborhood route.

I guess the reason why 50 matters to me is that I'd like to string a couple of 50 mile weeks together and still feel like I can get in my quality workouts.  I'm seriously considering Pfitz 18/70 for Portland this fall, so this should give me a sense of how realistic that is.