Beginners and Beyond

Shout it out WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

I've always been interested in the Flyknit Lunars, but man are they pricey. I think getting them on liquidation might be the only way to try one out.

Especially if you already have a go to shoe.  For once though I am well stocked so I can go ahead and try something I have had an eye on.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well Scotty I suggested volunteers carry pace signs, and the someone had a better idea that we cut down in groups - 9minutes or faster, 12 minutes or faster and so on, leaving in smaller groups rather than one large congested and confused group which sounded way better. But then a lady who used to seem like a good friend comes in and basically says strollers shouldn't be allowed, even in group training runs and she applauds the races that ban strollers saying they are dangerous for/to everyone. Now although i 100% agree that strollers not be used on race courses, I am deeply angered to be basically told to leave my son and stroller at home, I don't have any other choice like the dozen others out their in our group with strollers, and I am very cautious with the stroller which is why I suggested some attempt be made, like corrals just like in races. I am really pissed damn it!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

For amends for my typographic error, I decided to upload a pic of DD and I. Smile I'm watching her because DW is going to the Dr to figure out when DD#2 will enter this world.

- Andrew

LRB

Nice pic Drew!

My waitress walked past as I was viewing it and asked who it was...

I said a dude I met on the internet. 

happylily

Great picture, Andrew! Your DD is so pretty. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Now hear this:

there is a huge liquidation shoe sale going on at the house from now until the 13th.  Click here for ladies, and here for dudes.

I am looking at the Adidas Tempo 6, and the Mizuno Wave Musha 5.  The latter of which is no longer being made but from what I understand was a great road racing shoe.

There are some great deals there. But until I figure out what is wrong with my right foot, I can't afford to buy new shoes, even if on sale. No point in buying something new that may be harmful to my stupid derelict foot.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

Wow, it's not even 9:00 and there are already four pages of interesting things. Sorry I can't add to it.  I did, however, run five easy miles while DD was at XC practice. There were hills, many, many hills. Lots o' hills.

Oh, Baboon got me motivated and I signed up for a triathlon relay. I'm doing the run and two dads from DD2's swim team are taking care of the swim and bike part. The name of our team is The Dwarfs of Beeron.

Time to check out the shoe sale on Running Warehouse.

Brr: Nice pic and good luck to you and DW

LRB

No point in buying something new that may be harmful to my stupid derelict foot.

Right.

I am getting to the point where I might be able to add a neutral shoe in my rotation somewhere so I am in sort of the same boat.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Yes, that's whole hearted yumminess, you know, like grits and eggs. 

Oh hell yeah that looks like an asswhoopin'. I like!

LRB

Hi Dailies.

Wow, it's not even 9:00 and there are already four pages of interesting things. Sorry I can't add to it.  I did, however, run five easy miles while DD was at XC practice. There were hills, many, many hills. Lots o' hills.

Oh, Baboon got me motivated and I signed up for a triathlon relay. I'm doing the run and two dads from DD2's swim team are taking care of the swim and bike part. The name of our team is The Dwarfs of Beeron.

Time to check out the shoe sale on Running Warehouse.

Brr: Nice pic and good luck to you and DW

You are going to smoke them fooz yo!  

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Here I just responded to Jack about not running doubles and I have one slated for today.

DW wanted me to accompany her easy miles tonight, so of course I will happily.

AM

6 miles easy (7:27... I dunno... Everything clicked ...should have been around 7:45)

PM

5 miles easy ( around a 9:15 expected )

For amends for my typographic error, I decided to upload a pic of DD and I. Smile I'm watching her because DW is going to the Dr to figure out when DD#2 will enter this world.

However now you have replaced it with a grammatical error...should be "DD and me". (SORRY I CANNOT HELP MYSELF!!)

Great pic though, what a cutie!!

Dave

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Tracking down the last of the cranky muscles.

happylily

What a practical site!

LRB

Hopefully it works for you G!  Trigger point therapy provided great relief for the SI joint discomfort I had last year.  The pain went away almost iimmediately, although it proved in my case to be temporary relief I still welcomed it.