Beginners and Beyond

Country Music Half Marathon, Nashville, TN - A Lurker's RR (Read 73 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone!

LRB - my Dad was 49 when I showed up and Mom was 37. DH's dad was 57 and his mom was 42 when he showed up! Talk about surprised!

Oski - I am a big Tolkien fan, which is why I chose the handle to describe my lack of stature rather than EwokLegs or SomewhatSwiftMidget. Big grin. I dressed as Frodo for Halloween a couple of years back.

tinman11

Good job.  Be sure to check on Chattanooga area races, including the 7 Bridges Marathon & 1/2 Marathon.  Also the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon & 1/2 Marathon.  Both are in late Fall.

For fun, scenic, budget races, check out the Tennessee State Parks Running Tour.  It's a Saturday series (21 races) running October - March.

Entry fees vary slightly but you can enter most races for $20 w/shirt and $6 for race entry only.  These races are great.  And they always start at 11:00 am local time.

Back to your race on Saturday - that was a good job in tough conditions.  Sounds like you guys/girls had a great time though.

Hip Redux

Oski - I am a big Tolkien fan, which is why I chose the handle to describe my lack of stature rather than EwokLegs or SomewhatSwiftMidget. Big grin. I dressed as Frodo for Halloween a couple of years back.

Cool!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good job.  Be sure to check on Chattanooga area races, including the 7 Bridges Marathon & 1/2 Marathon.  Also the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon & 1/2 Marathon.  Both are in late Fall.

For fun, scenic, budget races, check out the Tennessee State Parks Running Tour.  It's a Saturday series (21 races) running October - March.

Entry fees vary slightly but you can enter most races for $20 w/shirt and $6 for race entry only.  These races are great.  And they always start at 11:00 am local time.

Back to your race on Saturday - that was a good job in tough conditions.  Sounds like you guys/girls had a great time though.

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check these out for sure. I love the Chattanooga area!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congratulations on a great race in those conditions. Yeesh!