Beginners and Beyond

Compression sleeves: how long to wear them? (Read 383 times)

I have the CEP brand and love them for recovery.  I wore my first pair out after about a year, wearing them for a few hours at a time, occasionally overnight.  I only wear them after long or hard runs.

I've tried running and racing in them, but I don't notice any difference in how I feel during/after.  I find them way too hot to wear running during summer.  Also, I have the full socks, and I prefer how my regular socks feel on my feet.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Thanks! I'm going to look for them. Maybe runningwarehouse has them.

I've seen them on sierratradingpost.com for less than retail

**Ask me about streaking**

runmomto3boys

As far as sleeves, I have CEP and Zensah, the CEP are nice, just the right amount of compression, the zensah are much much milder.

I've heard this too about the difference b/t the two brands.  I have never worn the Zensah ones, though.

Hip Redux

2xu makes some for the upper legs that are not pants

Would those be... shorts?  lol

There is a difference between RECOVERY compression and those intended for running/exercising, at least in the Zoot brand.  I can barely move in my recovery pants.  It's really intended for non-activity recovery.

My compression workout pants and shorts have a lot more 'room to move' so to speak - just as tight, but clearly constructed for joint mobility when you are running.

Shakedown Street

Would those be... shorts?  lol

There is a difference between RECOVERY compression and those intended for running/exercising, at least in the Zoot brand.  I can barely move in my recovery pants.  It's really intended for non-activity recovery.

My compression workout pants and shorts have a lot more 'room to move' so to speak - just as tight, but clearly constructed for joint mobility when you are running.

No, they are called quad sleeves.

http://www.2xu.com/product/630/Compression-Quad-Sleeves/12

RUNMOM-you MUST ask for a pair of the smartwool compression phd socks for xmas. 

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

runmomto3boys

RUNMOM-you MUST ask for a pair of the smartwool compression phd socks for xmas. 

Why?  Tell me about them: are they amazing?  I only have the one pair of CEP sleeves that I bought initially for the long car ride home after my marathon and that I since wore after yesterday's run.  I feel like they helped.  Are the SW ones even better???  I'm game - I just have to justify my purchase.

Are these the ones you are referring to?

B-Plus

Although I've never tried compression socks, I'd rather stick with sleeves because they don't need to be washed everytime.

Shakedown Street

Why?  Tell me about them: are they amazing?  I only have the one pair of CEP sleeves that I bought initially for the long car ride home after my marathon and that I since wore after yesterday's run.  I feel like they helped.  Are the SW ones even better???  I'm game - I just have to justify my purchase.

Are these the ones you are referring to?

I like smartwool stuff. I love wool.

I was initially really just into the sleeves, hence the zensah and the cep sleeves. I don't wear them during runs, only after for recovery and sometimes overnight.

I had thought socks might be better in bed for overnight because of some light compression on the top of the ankle, arch of the foot, etc.

I was at a local granola store and they had them on sale. I love CEP sleeves, so I thought I would give these socks a try, the PHD is very very thin, as thin as the CEP maybe moreso, the compression for me in my size is a little more than the CEP but instead of being 'uniform' it seems a little more focused. Your arch, achilles, outside of your foot all get some pressure. + they are warm in bed...

I love them, but there is a big difference between the sleeves and the socks. I did not think I needed compression on my feet, but damn it feels really good.

I bought a second pair online during a black friday sale...

FWIW...I have a 2xu online 20% off coupon that is good through 1/31 that I will post up after I get home from work.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

runmomto3boys

Jneilt: I'm sold!  I'm going to get a pair to try them out.  Thanks for the info/review.  I love the Smartwool stuff I have (some 1/4 zips, a pullover and hoodie - LOVE it all!).

Shakedown Street

2xu coupon for 20% off through 1/31/13

2XUSHOP20

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

2xu coupon for 20% off through 1/31/13

2XUSHOP20

SWEET Thanks!

Shakedown Street

Jneilt: I'm sold!  I'm going to get a pair to try them out.  Thanks for the info/review.  I love the Smartwool stuff I have (some 1/4 zips, a pullover and hoodie - LOVE it all!).

I hope you like them as much as I do. If you don't, I apologize in advance.

runmomto3boys

I hope you like them as much as I do. If you don't, I apologize in advance.

Thanks for the coupon!  No apologies necessary - it's worth a shot and if I don't like 'em, no biggie!