Beginners and Beyond

Oh God, what have I done? (Read 250 times)

Jen16226

That is great!  Just enjoy it!!!!!!

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Luke79

That's outstanding, you just need to start running now :P  You seem like a determined person and I'm sure you'll kick ass because you will decide to.  Best of luck to you Kelly.  Keep us updated on your training.

@runjerseygirl

Congrats! You'll do great, though you might feel it afterwards.  Here's a video to laugh at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hCuYjvw2I

That was hilarious!

Do you even run?

Luke79

Congrats! You'll do great, though you might feel it afterwards.  Here's a video to laugh at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hCuYjvw2I

That shit was hilarious.  Thanks!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Congratulations - you're going to do great!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

SheCan

It is scary, but you can soooooooo do scary, hard things!  You'll do fantastic!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

You'll rock it!  Of course, since it is the Rutgers HM you could always run dressed as the Scarlet Knight to keep it interesting.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

music_girl117

Hey, I'm running that race too!  Maybe I'll see ya there. Smile  good luck with your training!

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I could watch that video over and over again, it is so funny and so freaking true.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Kay, what you have done is open yourself up to a world full of awesomeness.

At the end of my first half, I could not imagine running one more step. Four months later, I ran my first full.

When you finish you will want to tell everyone you know. Just be prepared to tell non-runners how far that is, it amazes me how many people really don't know.

And you are in the right place to get all the training advice you will need. (Although not from me.)

Yeah that video was hilarious, although hits a bit too close to home...too much muscle memory, hurts just to watch it.

Dave

LRB

The recipe for your first half marathon; start with equal parts nervousness and excitement, then add twice as much confidence.  Mix those with some consistency, a dash of flexibility and a shit-load of determination.

Let that marinate for around 85 days, then top it off with some heart, and go rock that beeyotch!

robinde

You'll be great!!  Let us know how it goes.

Luke79

The recipe for your first half marathon; start with equal parts nervousness and excitement, then add twice as much confidence.  Mix those with some consistency, a dash of flexibility and a shit-load of determination.

Let that marinate for around 85 days, then top it off with some heart, and go rock that beeyotch!

Great post.

@runjerseygirl

I got that first part taken care of.  Undecided

Do you even run?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

...but which socks to wear ????