Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 32 times)

No more marathons

lol

It seems the easiest way would be to knock off 10 seconds each mile. So from 7:19, 7:56 and 7:06 to 7:09, 7:46 and 6:56. It's not all that daunting when you look at it that way, especially considering you just went 6:47, 7:20, 7:24, 7:36 and 7:32 for the first five miles of your 10k last month. So the fitness is there.

LOL - that 6:47 was screening downhill in that 10K.

My overall best 10K and 5K (according to Strava) as a PhatOldMan came in my third of three legs of the Blue Ridge Relay.  It was about 6.5 miles but mostly downhill.  A 10K portion of that was 44:29 and my best 5K was 20:52.

I loves me some downhill.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I ran 10ish with 6x1 mile tempo, 2 min recoveries

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.3 easy.

Bluesky, I love downhills, but unfortunately every race around here that has a downhill also goes uphill. I did see a race in December up in Delaware that was a point to point, net downhill 5k.

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with 2.35, 1.3 run.walking and the last mile walking.  Everything felt OK, except at 1.30 my ITB cracked/popped (that felt like a relief, though), and decided to just walk it back rather than push it just in case.  3.10 miles total for the day, including the 0.75 I did at Pilates.  I get to repeat this Sunday or Monday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yay for the run Docket!

Runshortii

Yay docket! That's great news!

I did my long run today because I work all weekend. I ran 10. Beautiful day outside