Beginners and Beyond

MLK Monday Penguins (Read 13 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

It's cold and gray outside, so I'm glad I have a short run today instead of a long one. Even bundled up, I was cold while walking Ben. And yet tomorrow is supposed to get up to 50? I'll go out after my feet thaw.

PADRunner

RD for me today. I need it.

Zelanie

PAD, how did it go yesterday!

Ginny, hope that once you get out there and moving the run is enjoyable.

I have a cold that's bad enough that I would be home even if we were supposed to work today.  I still think I might try to run tonight- it's not really in my chest and sometimes it helps to sweat and clear the sinuses.  If I start running and it seems like a mistake, I'll turn back.

GinnyinPA

Z - I've been able to sweat out a cold a time or two.  Take it easy though.

PAD - enjoy your rest day.

Scott - you earned a rest day too.

D - how is the leg today?

I did 5.2.  It wasn't bad once I got moving, but I overdressed again because I was paranoid after being too cold yesterday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I DNFd Houston at Mile 2 due to leg/knee pain.  Went to the ortho today and it looks to be what I thought, inflammation on the ITB/hamstring/calf juncture, most likely from the car accident. I am to take anti inflammatories which I won't get until tomorrow night, and can run as soon as I want, recommended to wait until there is no pain, which is what I was going to do anyway, doh.  I have an MRI on Thursday to check for a meniscus tear but I doubt it's that.  I have not cried like a little sissy from the pain...

I went to Pilates today.

Damaris

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I'm so sorry, D.  At least you knew when to stop and didn't injure yourself more than you already are.

Z, how did the run go?

Ginny, it's easier for me to run too cold than it is too warm because I have added extra layers I'm stuck with. I've done that a few times.

The TM tech called in sick. TM and someone to assemble it will be here tomorrow. I hope. 3.3 slow miles outside.

PADRunner

PAD, how did it go yesterday!

Ginny, hope that once you get out there and moving the run is enjoyable.

I have a cold that's bad enough that I would be home even if we were supposed to work today.  I still think I might try to run tonight- it's not really in my chest and sometimes it helps to sweat and clear the sinuses.  If I start running and it seems like a mistake, I'll turn back.

It  was fun. I camped out the night before. I found out I also get Raynauds syndrome in my feet.

I got 10 miles in 2:08 with 100ft elevation gain. I kept going for a total of 15 but only the 19 counted.

Zelanie

That sounds like fun, except for the Raynaud's. BRR!

Running was the best thing I could have done. I always forget how good it feels with just a cold. We went up a trail and some parts were so icy that we had to walk and even then almost wiped out. Zoe fell once.