Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES - Why Soil A Perfectly Clean Wine Glass... (Read 248 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

You mean on the Garmin?  You go to history, activities, and find the run.

. Not the Garmin, the running log here.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

. Not the Garmin, the running log here.

When you drag and drop the "statistics" widget, there is a checkbox for "display pace."  Or if your widget is already there, click the pencil in the header and you'll see that checkbox.

Finally got my last two runs loaded.  Today's first 6.2 miles was 44:55, which is about three minutes faster than my current PR.  Not bad.  I really need to run a 10K.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

When you drag and drop the "statistics" widget, there is a checkbox for "display pace."  Or if your widget is already there, click the pencil in the header and you'll see that checkbox.

Finally got my last two runs loaded.  Today's first 6.2 miles was 44:55, which is about three minutes faster than my current PR.  Not bad.  I really need to run a 10K.

Thanks!  I had just been using my ipad lately, and the edit option doesn't show up there!  Nice job on the 6 miles and the PR.  I really need to run a 10k as well.  I'm pretty sure I'd end up with a time that's at least 2 minutes faster.

Would you or your wife know if the fact that my I'm leaving a ton of rubber on my new bike trainer signifies a problem?  It's a fluid trainer, and I just set it up and pedaled a tiny bit.  I did put a new, trainer specific tire on the rear.  I'm wondering if that's what's causing the rubber issue?

delicate flower

Would you or your wife know if the fact that my I'm leaving a ton of rubber on my new bike trainer signifies a problem?  It's a fluid trainer, and I just set it up and pedaled a tiny bit.  I did put a new, trainer specific tire on the rear.  I'm wondering if that's what's causing the rubber issue?

That's normal.  Clean the trainer once in a while.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks Baboon...makes me feel a little better that I haven't totally botched setting the thing up.  There's also a tiny bit of float from left to right while on the trainer, which concerns me that I don't have it in properly, but I'll get it figured out eventually.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

No run for me tonight, but I did order a new computer from Dell. I decided that it was time to upgrade in a pretty big way. I managed to get a Windows 7 version, since I'm not convinced that version 8 is very useful on a desktop computer.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Thanks Baboon...makes me feel a little better that I haven't totally botched setting the thing up.  There's also a tiny bit of float from left to right while on the trainer, which concerns me that I don't have it in properly, but I'll get it figured out eventually.

Float from left to right?  Is the wheel on tight?  Is the tire on evenly?

I would think any tire would wear onto the trainer when the rubber gets hot enough to melt.

LRB

I hope you all had a good holiday!!!

Flippy!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Float from left to right?  Is the wheel on tight?  Is the tire on evenly?

I would think any tire would wear onto the trainer when the rubber gets hot enough to melt.

I believe the wheel is on tightly, at least from giving it a spin and visual check prior to attaching it to the trainer.  It just seems that the wheel moves on the trainer a tiny bit, from right to left, as I pedal.  It could just be that I don't yet know how to apply pressure evenly, or that the bike fit is a little off and I have some lateral movement with each stroke.  Or, it could be that it was the first time I've ever taken the rear wheel off and changed a tire, so I may have messed something up.

I'll probably end up finding a friend to call out to take a look at it for me.

B-Plus

Good afternoon all,

I had some nice runs today.

AM - 3.4 @ 9:02

PM - 7.7 @ 7:58

Maybe I should get a trainer for my bike that just sits there. Or maybe I'll just be as lazy to ride it indoors.

runmomto3boys

I went to the PT.  He says the lingering pain is my IT band.  He could feel the scar tissue in the band - it felt "fibrous."  Anyway, he did some massage, ultrasound and shock something or another and I came home and ran on it.  He is certain the cause is the way my knee rolls in when I stride, so the insole should fix that (he ordered some in my size; I don't have them yet).

I came home and got in 10.8 at 8:56 pace.  I went slow, purposefully.  It flared up around 6.5 miles, but I was able to run through it b/c it was discomfort versus excruciating pain.  I could have easily gone a couple of more miles too, but I didn't want to push my luck (plus I am going to run again tomorrow mid-morning).  I am beyond thrilled!!

Zelanie

Heidi- Glad you are able to keep running on it and I wish you luck in learning how to manage it!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon all,

I had some nice runs today.

AM - 3.4 @ 9:02

PM - 7.7 @ 7:58

Maybe I should get a trainer for my bike that just sits there. Or maybe I'll just be as lazy to ride it indoors.

Good stuff. I love how similar our streaks are, though you have about a mile a day on me. Tomorrow's 17 will gain me a little ground on you ha. My goal with the trainer is just one hour twice a week until tri training starts after my marathon. Sounds manageable enough, right?

RMT3B...that's awesome news that you can run through it. Are you going to do the ultrasound and stim regularly? I used it so much in high school and college that I had my own portable stim unit ha.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yay Heidi!!