Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES heading to the beach! (Read 35 times)

Mmmmm...beer

What up buttercup?

7 fantastic miles done this morning in absolutely perfect weather!  60* with a dewpoint of 57*, makes me wish I hadn't done 16 yesterday, I wanted to keep going so bad!  Another great week of base building done, 68 miles.  One more week of base building and then I start my Pfitz 18/70 plan.

Up early so we can head to the beach while the tide is still low to check out the tidal pools and see what the storm washed up.  Then spend the day relaxing in the sun. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

What up buttercup?

'Sup G.

Those are some impressive mileage totals you are putting up!  While I have run 60+ miles just once.  lol  I know it's all relative so it's good.

I am up and have coffee brewing now.  I plan on getting out there in a while to run easy with some miles at my new marathon pace mixed in there.  I have not quite decided how many yet though...maybe one? 

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Rick, hope you have a good run!

The crazy thing is, the more I run, the better I feel.  I'm on a 21 day streak, with a 25 day streak before that and just that week off for my ankle in between, and I don't feel the least bit tired or beat up.  I think I could have done more during this base building phase, but I was afraid to aim too high, so I figured keeping it in the 60s would be safe.  It'll be interesting to see how I feel with the quality that the Pfitz plan will bring, since this was all easy running.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

What do ya do there, sporty!  Headed out for breakfast in a bit followed by some misc STUFF.  12 mile run planned for this afternoon.  I am not too thrilled with my mileage lately and plan on correcting that this week.

<3

LRB

Thanks Rick, hope you have a good run!

The crazy thing is, the more I run, the better I feel.  I'm on a 21 day streak, with a 25 day streak before that and just that week off for my ankle in between, and I don't feel the least bit tired or beat up.  I think I could have done more during this base building phase, but I was afraid to aim too high, so I figured keeping it in the 60s would be safe.  It'll be interesting to see how I feel with the quality that the Pfitz plan will bring, since this was all easy running.

Hold that thought.  lol

I have not done Pfitz, but from reading the exploits of some of those whom have, a few of them are usually miserable by the halfway point.

Of course marathoning is no joke, so there is usually some type of misery for anyone training for one.

LRB

What do ya do there, sporty!  Headed out for breakfast in a bit followed by some misc STUFF.  12 mile run planned for this afternoon.  I am not too thrilled with my mileage lately and plan on correcting that this week.

Speaking of MT, when does yours start?

Let's see, I believe it's Philly in the fall with an 18 week cycle....shit that means you started already? lol

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Daily peoples.

I'm off for a run of 10-12 miles. It is too hot to do it later so I'm going to get it done now while it's still a "cool" 72. I actually like running before the sun comes up. Not that I want to do it everyday...  DW is going for 18 miles but that's her problem.

Yes sir.

LRB

DW is going for 18 miles but that's her problem.

Ah yes, the student has become the master.  Now you can do your own thing, nice!

I am heading to Stoney to run, see you fine folks on the other side.  Peace! 

Docket_Rocket

Hold that thought.  lol

I have not done Pfitz, but from reading the exploits of some of those whom have, a few of them are usually miserable by the halfway point.

Of course marathoning is no joke, so there is usually some type of misery for anyone training for one.

I have never heard anyone on Pfitz saying they are miserable at the halfway point. 

Morning!  I have my LR tonight.  Glad not to have done it this morning because it's 9am and 96F and 76DP already, so I would've run in 90F at 5am.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hi Daily peoples.

I'm off for a run of 10-12 miles. It is too hot to do it later so I'm going to get it done now while it's still a "cool" 72. I actually like running before the sun comes up. Not that I want to do it everyday...  DW is going for 18 miles but that's her problem.

Yes sir.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning dailies!

D^2 - you're a machine lately, keep it up

Rick - 5:23 is your new marathon pace? Sweet!  Tongue

Baboon - have fun

Jack - beat the heat

Hell Week is over at work, hooray!  Slept until I wanted to get up and will go out the door in a bit to run some miles.

happylily

LR today. The plan says 15 (still in building base phase), but I want my total weekly mileage to be as close as possible to 70 this week, so I'll have to add a few miles to that 15. No corework today. I'm keeping that to 4-5 sessions per week.

Zelanie, thanks for the link! I have heard about this race, through Marathon Tours. A few years ago, I had almost convinced my SO to go. The race was on my birthday and I kept telling him that it was fate (I will use whatever silly excuse I can when I need to convince him ). But we take our Canadian vacation in August and our clients would not have been impressed with a September trip. But someday, I want to go to Tamarindo. Apparently, it's a surfer's paradise. I don't swim and I don't surf. I just want to hold a surf board and walk up and down the beach because I think it would give me an aura of coolness.  I can't wait to read more about your travel in Costa Rica!

Have a good Sunday, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ah yes, the student has become the master.  Now you can do your own thing, nice!

LRB: LMAO!

I managed 12 miles and it is already getting hot. DW is still out there but she runs with one of those Nathan belts and brings plenty of fluid. I am proud of her.  Oh man, now I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want. DW is taking the kids somewhere and she let me off the hook for that so, yeah, that's nice. I'm off to get a pastrami and egg burrito from my local breakfast place. Man, that is going to be good.

Enjoy the day, Dailies.

LRB

I have never heard anyone on Pfitz saying they are miserable at the halfway point. 

You are right, it's usually earlier.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Big grin

Cyberic

14.4 miles done. Enjoying my coffee right now, with sugar and 35% cream. Hmmmm, dee-licious!

Kinda hurt my Achilles yesterday trying to stretch it . Gotta take it easy on the stretches. Not try to do it all at once, but let time do its thing. I was wondering if it would affect my running this morning as it was uncomfortable just standing in the house. But it was OK. I stand in the house barefoot but I run with 12mm heel drop shoes (still). While the shoes might be a part of why my Achilles needs to be stretched now, they saved the day this morning.

D2, that's some serious mileage. Best part is that you feel great about it. Sounds to me like you are good and ready for a 18/70 plan.