Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's MoanDAILY (Read 20 times)

GinnyinPA

Robert - good luck with the training.  Are you following a plan or will you make it up as you go?

Brilliant - good job on the intervals, even though they were short. Or were they long?

Hi Scotty.

Jerry - if you want to run in Pennsylvania, check out the Presque Isle HM near Erie.  It's in a park, flat with lake views. I think it's in July.  I ran the route in the Park a couple of years ago, and it's pretty.  Or if you want hills, come down here and run Gettysburg or Mad Anthony in the fall, or Chambersburg in March.  They're all pretty small.

Our 'hike' this afternoon was interesting.  There are a lot of old woods roads and unmarked trails that we've noticed as we drive to some known trails.  The State Forest map is awful and doesn't show most of them. We were curious about whether any were worth hiking or running so today we went exploring.  Two deadended very shortly. One took a little longer to deadend at a dam with a nice waterfall.  I was really hopeful on that one which was a gently graded woods road.  One was a very steep rocky connector trail.  The final was a good snowmobile trail that we'll go back to later.  Total mileage was only 3.7 miles, but we had fun and Ben got to swim so everybody was happy.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thanks Ginny.  I'll check those out.. We might try to go to Philly some day to see the Barnes Museum, maybe when the Cubs are visiting.

Brilliant

Brilliant - good job on the intervals, even though they were short. Or were they long?

Well according to Google, 1200 meters is .74565 miles, so 3 of them were just about right. Smile  I missed interval #3 and only did .7 miles...and I marveled at how much faster that interval went than the others, ha!