Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - Get your groove on. (Read 33 times)

onemile

Are you trying to kill me, girl?

Coach Addie says that is the best way to prepare.

Docket_Rocket

RD.  Just got home.  Switching with tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles. It unfortunately stopped raining when I went running--so it was extremely humid.

Fred, I get that feeling at one of the tracks I go to. It's rare that anyone is there and it's not a highly traveled area.

Runshortii, ninja blenders are wonderful! Only downside is I have cut myself washing it.

Cyberic

I take it she wouldn't recommand Hansons, then. Wink

I took Fridays off work all summer (in the weeks I'm not on vacation), so I want to do a nice big workout on Friday, Can't do a long run workout on Sunday too. Plus, if I wanna run with my partner...

But I'm thinking of switching to 2 workouts a week in September, including a long run workout. I'll see...

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

5 miles. It unfortunately stopped raining when I went running--so it was extremely humid.

Fred, I get that feeling at one of the tracks I go to. It's rare that anyone is there and it's not a highly traveled area.

Runshortii, ninja blenders are wonderful! Only downside is I have cut myself washing it.

It's a feeling that one really has to bury, right?  Or else one starts not going to the track.  I wear an ID tag, in part to make my wife feel better, but that won't help if there's nobody to read it.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's a feeling that one really has to bury, right?  Or else one starts not going to the track.  I wear an ID tag, in part to make my wife feel better, but that won't help if there's nobody to read it.

Eh, depends on why you have the uneasiness. I'm more worried that being a female alone in an isolated area could make me a target. Fortunately, in the summer, there are softball leagues, so even if no one uses the track, there are people around.

delicate flower

Cop pulled me over on my bike ride today for running a red light, even though I stopped and waited for a good MINUTE until I got the green light to go.  I always wait for green lights.  He told me to "just pay better attention next time" and drove away.  I could not pay better attention because I did everything I was supposed to do.  Stupid cockstick clownfucker.

<3

onemile

I take it she wouldn't recommand Hansons, then. Wink

I took Fridays off work all summer (in the weeks I'm not on vacation), so I want to do a nice big workout on Friday, Can't do a long run workout on Sunday too. Plus, if I wanna run with my partner...

But I'm thinking of switching to 2 workouts a week in September, including a long run workout. I'll see...

Believe it or not, Hansons isn't just one plan. Take a look at some of their other plans and you will see runs longer than 16 miles and long run workouts. Just because you are only familiar with one plan doesn't mean that defines their training.  Do you think Desi doesn't do long run workouts?

Runshortii

Long run workouts are my favorite workouts. Plus it breaks up the long run

KCRuns

Docket! You probably already know this, but on Friday you can buy a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts for $1 to celebrate their birthday 

Docket_Rocket

Docket! You probably already know this, but on Friday you can buy a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts for $1 to celebrate their birthday 

Ooh.  Do I need to run a marathon this weekend to be able to do reasonably eat this?  Asking for a friend....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Believe it or not, Hansons isn't just one plan. Take a look at some of their other plans and you will see runs longer than 16 miles and long run workouts. Just because you are only familiar with one plan doesn't mean that defines their training.  Do you think Desi doesn't do long run workouts?

Didn't know they had other plans out. I did know that their elite did not follow the plan I own in my book, though. I figured that one out. By myself, I think. Nah, someone must have told me. No way I could just just come up with that by myself Wink

onemile

Didn't know they had other plans out. I did know that their elite did not follow the plan I own in my book, though. I figured that one out. By myself, I think. Nah, someone must have told me. No way I could just just come up with that by myself Wink

If you ask nicely I'll even send you one that has some nice 20 mile workouts 

Cyberic

If you ask nicely I'll even send you one that has some nice 20 mile workouts 

Can't do that. Just. Can't.