Beginners and Beyond

The Official RA BF&B Facebook Thread (Read 2463 times)

LRB

Here's a personal favorite, although it doesn't look like me too much. Going through the electrified wires at Tough Mudder this year.

WTF?  Surely you jest?

@runjerseygirl

WTF?  Surely you jest?

No, that's just one of the many fucked up obstacles on the Tough Mudder.  Yet another reason for me NOT to do it.

Do you even run?

bluerun

Super B****

No, that's just one of the many fucked up obstacles on the Tough Mudder.  Yet another reason for me NOT to do it.

That was the most fun!!  (However, I shall not be sharing those pictures... because I don't look nearly as sedate.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Shocked

When I said I was into S & M, I meant Snickers and Mars bars!

@runjerseygirl

Shocked

When I said I was into S & M, I meant Snickers and Mars bars!

OMG!  I just laughed WAY too hard!!!

Do you even run?

@runjerseygirl

My stepbrother snowboarding in WA yesterday.

Do you even run?

xor

Do you know where that was?

@runjerseygirl

Do you know where that was?

I don't.  I can find out though. Smile

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

I actually didn't get zapped on that one. I did get it on the other electrified obstacle. It was...interesting.

My friend did the first Tough Mudder (it was right down the road from here) and they weren't told what that obstacle actually was. So they stood there looking at it wondering what it was. Then they see this girl go through. They said it looked like she got hit with a sniper rifle.

LRB

I actually didn't get zapped on that one. I did get it on the other electrified obstacle. It was...interesting.

My friend did the first Tough Mudder (it was right down the road from here) and they weren't told what that obstacle actually was. So they stood there looking at it wondering what it was. Then they see this girl go through. They said it looked like she got hit with a sniper rifle.

Imma go ahead and pass on all of that thanks!

xor

Yeah.  I really don't want to pay someone for that.  Yikes.

Jess runs for bacon

Man you guys are wussies Tongue

Or I'm just really stupid. That could be it too.

I have to admit, it was pretty fun challenging a bunch of fears at that event. I surprised the heck out of myself. I had only started running a few months before that, and the longest I had run was a 5k (this was 13 miles). I was so worried about the running part nothing else bothered me. The reality was you couldn't run the whole thing, and a lot of people were walking.

I also had a lot of fun playing in the mud Smile

kitteh

I was gonna say, you look like a total bad ass compared to the two people behind you who are cringing in pain!

I love all of the photos of the families! Especially Rollcast's napping shot. I'm impressed that you convinced them all to nap with you!

Here is my little Super Baby

And the Bun in the Oven

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

xor

When it comes to tough mudder, I have no issues with being called a clean wimp.  Plus more money for beer and hot cocoa.

But congrats... facing fears, having fun, and smiling about what you did - this is why we do stuff.

(for the record, the first couple attempts I had at coming up with the read-it-literally opposite term of "tough mudder" led to some rather unprintable things)

Jess runs for bacon

SRL, I won't ask what you meant in your last comment. Probably better that way, right?

Kitteh, you are so tiny! And your daughter is adorable Smile