Beginners and Beyond

Jeans Day Fridailies (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

I have the worst luck eating that shit. I don't even know why I keep fucking trying, I don't like it.

Maybe because wraps are not Indian. I love tons if Indian dishes. None wraps.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is, I need surgery. The good news is, I don't need it right now if I can live with it. I have a compressed joint and small fracture along with a bone spur under the tendon. The doc said that the only real risk from continuing to run would be the potential of causing significant cartilage damage. However, pain is the measuring stick. I got a steroid shot to help calm the joint and I'll just keep on going... until either I can't keep on going, or the fall season ends. I think once I get through the fall races I may schedule the surgery. The surgery is for decompression and cleanup of the joint so the bones can realign properly. It's an 8 week recovery period and I think would work well in the Dec/Jan time frame.

Well, now I know.

Ugh. Sounds painful. Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.4. Came home from work and took a nap for an hour before dragging my butt out the door.

LRB, was it some sort of fusion dish? I like the palek paneer (spinach with cheese) and pretty much everything I've tried with lentils or chickpeas.

LOL Pleasantridge.

Mr. MattM, guess knowing is good. Sound painful to run on though. Would the surgery also get some some time off work?

Cyberic

9.6 with 6@MP (7:10, 7:06, 7:05, 7:03, 7:09, 7:05). I had some MP rust, but I got it done. By the time I'm done with this cycle I will have run 120 miles at MP, so the rust should be gone Smile

Cyberic

FS: I meant a snake in a skull printed on old worn undies, you know like the Guns & Roses era tattoos kinda drawing... forget it. I definitely did not mean your kind of snake.

PR: You're the man! We need cheerful around here, even if not everyone notices Smile

LRB: I love Indian, but I always get the dishes with meat in a sauce, and rice.

MR. Matt: Hopefully you can tough it out and have a nice fall racing season.

Cyberic

Just thought I'd quote myself, for no good reason . Stupid tablet.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FS: I meant a snake in a skull printed on old worn undies, you know like the Guns & Roses era tattoos kinda drawing... forget it. I definitely did not mean your kind of snake.

PR: You're the man! We need cheerful around here, even if not everyone notices Smile

LRB: I love Indian, but I always get the dishes with meat in a sauce, and rice.

MR. Matt: Hopefully you can tough it out and have a nice fall racing season.

Yeah.... mine sounds more interesting 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I ran 5 + 4xstrides

workinprogress11

Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is, I need surgery. The good news is, I don't need it right now if I can live with it. I have a compressed joint and small fracture along with a bone spur under the tendon. The doc said that the only real risk from continuing to run would be the potential of causing significant cartilage damage. However, pain is the measuring stick. I got a steroid shot to help calm the joint and I'll just keep on going... until either I can't keep on going, or the fall season ends. I think once I get through the fall races I may schedule the surgery. The surgery is for decompression and cleanup of the joint so the bones can realign properly. It's an 8 week recovery period and I think would work well in the Dec/Jan time frame.

Well, now I know.

That does sound painful. Hopefully you can get through the season without too much additional damage.

5 for me today and 3 yesterday that I forgot to pop in and report.