Beginners and Beyond

hog4life's Marathon Debut RR (Read 96 times)

workinprogress11

You've gone through a lot and accomplished even more.  You kept going even when the outcome wasn't going to be what you hoped for which shows a lot of strength. I feel like the marathon you want is in there somewhere, but there is no reason to do another one unless the circumstances are right for YOU. I love your pictures and that you finished with a smile on your face. I'm inspired by what you've accomplished given what life has handed you.   Congratulations!

RabbitChaser

Congratulations on grinding it out and finishing your debut marathon, Mitch! It looks like you enjoyed yourself. Thanks for sharing the RR and pics.

Eric

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Very gutsy run, Mitch.   First of many marathons, I'm sure.

SheCan

Congratulations on your first marathon, Mitch!!!!  How you possibly trained at all working those hours is beyond me.  I have no doubt that you will be able run another marathon one day and do better, but it's really hard when your life and schedule is overly busy and stressed.  I totally love these pictures, and your handsome son does look like you (he's got some nice dimples!)  And congratulations to the grandsons!  That is absolutely wonderful that you're passing on your passion to them.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Thank you everyone!

Docket_Rocket

For some reason I missed this RR in all the hoopla of Trixie's illness.

Great job, Mitch.  I know it is not the time that you wanted, but the first one is such an experience that will teach you in the others to come. The next one will be much faster and you'll know what to expect!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nata2011

Congrats on your first!

way to finish it with a smileSmile

Rubybaby43

enabler

Mitch, you are very inspirational....and fast!  Congrats on your first marathon!  Do you have your sights on any others in the near future?  I noticed that you don't have one on the race calendar, but that doesn't mean you aren't thinking about it.

KLO

more miles = more beer

Just B.S.

Mitch, you are one tough guy. You have been through a lot in the last 2 years and didn't let

it keep you down.

You ran a tough race and finished with a smile, had fun with friends and inspired others.

All of that makes you a big winner in my books. 

Congrats on #1. I say #2 because even if you don't know it right now I am pretty sure there

will be a #2 for you.

Zelanie

Congrats on finishing your first full!

I think it was smart that you paid attention to what your body was telling you and didn't push yourself beyond what you could recover from with how your training had gone.  That's a skill that many people don't have- and is probably why you were able to finish uninjured and with a smile.

Congrats Mitch!

Smiles, and family, and your first marathon done.  Great job.