Beginners and Beyond

Too dark, too wet, too soon, TuesDAILIES (Read 50 times)

workinprogress11

Oski, you showed admirable restraint.

8 miles in glorious 50 degree and sunny weather. I smiled the whole 8 miles.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh and where and what is Fort Bragg, btw?

There is a Ft Bragg in California and also one in North Carolina. I'm guessing that it's the one in NC that was referred to since he also mentioned Greenville.  That one is home to the US Army Airborne School. On a side note when I was in the army stationed at Bayonne, NJ, we had a general from Ft Bragg take over command of the base. It made for some pretty hilarious situations because he was as hard core as they come, and the Bayonne installation was about as non-military as it could be and still be part of the US Army.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

There is a Ft Bragg in California and also one in North Carolina. I'm guessing that it's the one in NC that was referred to since he also mentioned Greenville.  That one is home to the US Army Airborne School. On a side note when I was in the army stationed at Bayonne, NJ, we had a general from Ft Bragg take over command of the base. It made for some pretty hilarious situations because he was as hard core as they come, and the Bayonne installation was about as non-military as it could be and still be part of the US Army.

Thanks for the information! How long were you in the army? Was is conscription?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Thanks for the information! How long were you in the army? Was is conscription?

Two and a half years. I voluntarily enlisted back in late 1973 when we were in the middle of a recession and jobs were scarce. G. I. benefits after I was discharged helped pay for additional schooling which was nice.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

cjones1

Yes, the one in NC. We were visiting my brother in laws family there. He is a Special forces instructor there, at least for the next couple of months until they move.  Ft Bragg is about 250 square miles in size. It's basically a small city with armed guards. Smile. Lots of runners out in the mornings.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)