Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: When I nod my head, hit it (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

7 miles with 3 @ MP, but I ended up running 30sec/m faster than MP.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

I must be the only person in the country world who has no interest in any of it.  To me, watching paint dry is more exciting.

You got company. I even played 2 years of soccer in high school. I didn't find it fun or exciting then either.

Cyberic

I must be the only person in the country world who has no interest in any of it.  To me, watching paint dry is more exciting.

I don't watch any of it either. Every four years it's the same for me. I watch a game until someone falls to the ground holding his leg like it's broken, and is running as if nothing happened 2 minutes after. After two three times of this, I completely lose interest in it. I prefer watching my kid playing. The first game they played after the World cup started, a kid in my son's team fell to the ground holding his leg trying to get a whistle. The coach yelled at him to get up, this ain't the world cup.

So Jack, you are faster than me because my 10k was run tapered. It was my target event. And I finished a few seconds slower than you.

But it doesn't change anything about the fact that those are killer workouts IMO.

LRB

You got company. I even played 2 years of soccer in high school. I didn't find it fun or exciting then either.

You should have some helluva endurance then!  As a sport, I am not sure if any other is tougher than it.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Those are actually not that bad, it's more mental than anything.  You have to focus to keep from wanting to call it quits, so the fight is against yourself...mostly.

Don't get me wrong they both are hard, tough workouts, I am just saying that both are within your physical means, it's the mental aspect that gets a little shaky.

But that is what I mean when I say that race day success is born at the track. When you start compiling these tough workouts and you are hitting your paces and recovering properly the race itself becomes a big 'ole slice of pie, and you just go out there and eat that bitch up!

Agreed

These are meant to beat you down mentally.

During early spring I had several of those workouts (I think you may have seen the 19 day cycle Jack)

Several of them involved  (X) x 1000m full pressure repeats with 1 min between. (or 3 min if we were lucky)

They are hard, but its the mental aspect that really gets you.

(And personally the 7x1000 is more fearful for me than the 6x1200 -   yes even with the 20 sec pace increase)

**I have 5x1 mile @ 5:31 coming up later this week ...  *that* is going to F my world up...(at least I get 3-5 min between...)

LRB

I don't watch any of it either. Every four years it's the same for me. I watch a game until someone falls to the ground holding his leg like it's broken, and is running as if nothing happened 2 minutes after. After two three times of this, I completely lose interest in it.

Yeah I really loathe the flopping aspect of it.  Red and yellow cards and subsequent suspensions should be administered by the games governing body after review of the game once it's played, not put in the hands of on the field referees whom do not have the benefit of replay.

Half Crazy K 2.0

You should have some helluva endurance then!  As a sport, I am not sure if any other is tougher than it.

Not really. I played goalie. I had done gymnastics for several years then decided I was done with it cause I knew there was no way I would weigh what the coaches decided was an appropriate weight for everyone without cutting off a limb. My high school was starting a girl's soccer team the following year. A bunch of my friends had played club soccer in the spring, so I followed along. First practice the coach asked if anyone had gymnastics experience. I raised my hand and wound up goalie. Guess the theory was I was used to throwing my body around. Unfortunately I was used to throwing my body around and landing on my feet.

LRB

(And personally the 7x1000 is more fearful for me than the 6x1200 -   yes even with the 20 sec pace increase)

Hmm, I am not really sure which of them fuckers I would hate more.  lol

Although full disclosure I have never done 7 X anything, and may have only done 6 X 1200 once...at tempo pace if I even went to 6 of those.  I cannot remember.

LRB

Guess the theory was I was used to throwing my body around. Unfortunately I was used to throwing my body around and landing on my feet.

Ba da boom!

Nice punchline!

Oh, and

LRB

**I have 5x1 mile @ 5:31 coming up later this week ...  *that* is going to F my world up...(at least I get 3-5 min between...)

What kind of workout is that?  See how long it takes before your ********* falls off?  lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

What kind of workout is that?  See how long it takes before your ********* falls off?  lol

No shit right?

Getting some confirmation on my plan to make sure. (since I have a follow-up the next week with 6 x (1 mile) @ 6:04)

Looking ahead I have some of those wonderful  6 x (1200) @ 4:07  ( elapse time  ie:  should be around a 5:31 min/ mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

What up everyone, it was 3 miles easy for Dorian and I with Team 13 this afternoon/evening. For some reason the 85 degrees, 56% humidity and dew point at 68 made it just feel awful...... the sun didn't help either. Hopefully there won't be too many more days like that one.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Gaaack....  confirmed...

This will be 'fun'

B-Plus

Great workout JK! Looks similar to a workout I did last week, but yours is tougher.