Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES = You Had Me at 'Let's Run' (Read 247 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Yeah, I'm totally confused about the sprinklers. There are even people in my neighborhood who have theirs going. It's insane! I had to be REALLY careful this morning.

Mmmmm...beer

Anyone else having issues with folks still running their sprinklers and turning sidewalks and shoulders into solid sheets of ice? I just about busted my ass this morning!!!!

We haven't had it freeze here yet, but there is a house on my route that still has their sprinklers on, and every morning the sidewalk is wet on the corner by their house (it's one of the few sections of sidewalk that I run on, but I have to use it to cross into the next neighborhood).  I've actually thought about stopping by to talk to them during the day to let them know that it's going to be a hazard if/when it freezes.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Tapering this week for my race this weekend so I just had a 4-miler.  Felt pretty sluggish because my legs were still sore from my LR on Sunday. Perfect running weather here today! 45 and sunny, so that was nice.

Sorry to hear about your accident Scotty!

Docket_Rocket

Just got back from court.  You guys don't expect me to answer each of the 3.5 pages you posted while I was out, right???????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, hope the accident was nothing major!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shakedown Street

1st day back since the flu and tamiflu, light light weights and 1K slow swim.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Purple Toes

Scotty, sorry to hear about the accident, but I'm glad everyone was ok.    I had to white-knuckle it to and from work yesterday and today myself.

Just a 3 mile speed workout on the TM today, too much other stuff going on.

Have a good evening everyone!

Samurai in Training

Dang Scotty.  I hope your day got better.

happylily

Aww.. Scotty, what a pain about your car! Those young punks are dangerous, never giving a second thought about how they drive and what could happen to others... Thank God the lady and yourself were unhurt. And yeah for good insurance. We complain a lot about them, but when we need them, we are so grateful.

Did I read the word sprinklers somewhere? What on earth?! lol

Just finished my 10 mile run and it was pretty good. Better than I expected in fact. 1:15:50, 7:35 avg., incl. 1.5 mile warm-up, 7 tempo and the last 1.5 at moderate effort. All this right after supper. You rock, Lily's stomach. Burp... Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Nevrgivup

Nice run Lily. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

runmomto3boys

Purple Toes: I'm glad you were able to sneak in the speed work out today on the TM!  Well done!

Jneilt: Awww, I didn't know you had a bug too. I'm glad you are feeling better, though!

Lily: Fantastic job on that blistering fast tempo run tonight.  I don't know how you could eat and then burn off a run like that...I would be so sick!  I wish I had your tummy (and abs - teehee).

13 miles, including 5 MP miles, in at 8:20 overall pace.  I felt really great tonight even though my calves were sore from yesterday's run (that's the thanks I get for the week off) and this was a pretty fast overall run for me.

1.5 w/u, 2x800@6:00 pace, 2x800@5:56 pace, 2x800@5:52 pace, 2:30 rest intervals in between each 800, 0.8 c/d

B-Plus

Scotty - I hope your day got better.

RMTB - I see you're starting with those extra MP miles already. Great job!

My stomach felt so heavy all day. I managed to get out after work for 10.9 @ 8:23. It was quite yucky too, earning me 30 points in the Winter Game.  Now I may get bumped.

Hi dailies:

Weezer - shorts in the 20's?  Yikes!

D - I'll trade ya some 30's for your 80's a couple times a week

Baboon - no knuckle lights on the treadmill, unless you turn out the lights

Scotty - glad you and everyone else are OK

Lily - nice tempo run, and on a full stomach.  Mine had turkey meatloaf and baked potato with no ill effects Smile

Heidi - good stuff, looks like the rest week didn't bring you down any.  Is that bout with being sick all cleared up too?

10.9 with roughly 5 at tempo, 6:45 pace overall.  A Mexican restaurant near my work caught fire today, hopefully no one was hurt.  Looks like the building is a write-off.

runmomto3boys

Jay: 10.9 at 6:45 pace - that is just freaking INSANE.  Like I can't wrap my head around how fast that is.  I can't even imagine what you are going to run in Boston.  You rock!!!!  Yep, I'm feeling better.  It was my first day eating normally.

Dave: Holy smoking, ridiculously fast run!  Look at all the fast guys checking in late tonight...seriously, Dave - well done on the 1/2 mile intervals.

B-Plus: Wow!  Nice job trudging out in some pretty crummy conditions to get those miles in and score mad points in the winter game!  This was the first MLR I tried some MP miles in.  I am definitely going to work more in during training, even if it's just a handful at a time.  I like the idea of it if I can manage it and still hit the paces on my quality runs (that's the big ?).