Beginners and Beyond

Find me a marathon (Read 47 times)

LRB

Yeah, so what I need is Boston with the second half first and the first half second.

I've run two pancake flat marathons and I didn't find them easier than NYC.  Suffolk looks pretty pancake flat...

None of the marathons I have run can be characterized as that.

Detroit seemed pretty flat.

Dave

LRB

Yes, pretty flat is a great way to describe it.

With a climb over the bridge into Canada, a climb in the tunnel back into the US, that ridiculous climb up and off the Lodge Freeway, and another two or three bumps after Belle Isle,Calling it pancake flat however, would be a stretch.

Yes, pretty flat is a great way to describe it.

With a climb over the bridge into Canada, a climb in the tunnel back into the US, that ridiculous climb up and off the Lodge Freeway, and another two or three bumps after Belle Isle,Calling it pancake flat however, would be a stretch.

Ha, I seem to have forgotten some of those. The climb up the bridge did not seem bad, probably because it was only mile 4, but I distinctly remember looking over at a guy on a handcycle, hating life at that moment. Running on the empty Lodge Fwy was kind of a surreal experience.

Dave

onemile

Indy is flat - too bad you didn't get to do the full there

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pancake flat doesn't exist in the midwest. The elevation profile D posted in the dailies doesn't even look real to me.

It is real, damn it!  Doral, FL, FFS!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Except for some non-Miami flat sections, it was pretty flat, I agree.

I hate when people say something has a net downhill.  You know which other races have net downhills? LA Marathon and the SF Marathon.  In fact, I bet the Flying Pig is also a net downhill.  And they are all FUCKING hilly.

Damaris