Beginners and Beyond

Repeat TuesDAILIES (Read 39 times)

onemile

I miss strides, they are tons of fun.

I actually really hate strides.  I think I am the only one.

Cyberic

Today I was running on the indoor track near work, and this woman from work came over to run. She's a runner. I run faster than her. The first few times I lapped her she said something about how easy it was for me since I am so tall. I hate it when people (usually non-runners, or beginners) don't give credit to the fact that I run 6 days a week, read 5-6 books on running, spend my evenings on running forums learning about running and about other runner's experiences. No, I run fast because I am tall. I don't know why, but it pisses me off. I shouldn,t give a damn what she thinks. And I don't. Still pisses me off.

Docket_Rocket

I understand how you feel.  However, you are also ignoring what genes and talent also have to do with being fast.  I do the same things you do and it's not easy for me and I'm not fast and probably never will.  You are faster because you do those things but those things alone do not make you fast by themselves.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Should have added, just like being tall does not make you fast, which is what she was implying.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

LRB-Streak will continue at least through 1/1/2015. Maybe longer. Scotty- Weather is warming up to the high 30s this week. The 23" of snow will now make mud for the dog to drag into the house.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

The first one is always though because it comes after 5 or 6 miles of running easy but after that it is pretty cool racing cars, cats, dogs, birds, traffic lights or whatever else I can find to "beat". Which one day was a rabbit!   

Cyberic

However, you are also ignoring what genes and talent also have to do with being fast.  I do the same things you do and it's not easy for me and I'm not fast and probably never will.  

I agree 100% that genes and talent play a big part in how I run, in how you run, and in how everyone else run.

But there are people here who are much faster than me, more talented than me, and have better genes than me. They still have to work hard. People acknowledge that they work hard, I'm sure. But not me. I'm tall, there's the explanation. No need to look for anything else.

In fact, being tall makes me rather heavy even if I'm skinny, and that does not help.

As for you, you have asthma and you have allergies... those'll slow you down. And you're not looking for excuses when others are faster than you.

Cyberic

I don't love them, but they're cool.

Docket_Rocket

I agree 100% that genes and talent play a big part in how I run, in how you run, and in how everyone else run.

But there are people here who are much faster than me, more talented than me, and have better genes than me. They still have to work hard. People acknowledge that they work hard, I'm sure. But not me. I'm tall, there's the explanation. No need to look for anything else.

In fact, being tall makes me rather heavy even if I'm skinny, and that does not help.

As for you, you have asthma and you have allergies... those'll slow you down. And you're not looking for excuses when others are faster than you.

I agree.

RUn fail.  Made it 2 miles with hubby and called it quits. I am not super sick but felt off.  Maybe I need an extra day off. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Maybe I need an extra day off. 

Or an extra drink. 

Docket_Rocket

Or an extra drink. 

Yes, tequila helps, right?  Or vodka?  I have both.  I CANNOT DECIDE!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Yes, tequila helps, right?  Or vodka?  I have both.  I CANNOT DECIDE!

I actually do not do vodka unless it's in a spicy bloody Mary and tequila on a weeknight is a contradiction. lol

workinprogress11

4 on the treadmill. That's about all I can do on there at this point and it was either that or  25 mph winds and 25 degrees.  Brrrr.

LRB

4 on the treadmill. That's about all I can do on there at this point and it was either that or  25 mph winds and 25 degrees.  Brrrr.

Apparently that weather is blowing my way, great.

On another front, I toyed with the idea of driving over there Sunday for the big game at Soldier Field, unfortunately I could not find anyone who shares my optimism for the home team.