Beginners and Beyond

Old Places Familiar Faces (Read 115 times)

Zelanie

Great description of a lovely run!  How fun to get to check in with the familiar landmarks.  When we get so familiar with our route, we can notice the little differences that happen from day to day.  I've gotten to watch a German Shepherd puppy grow up this fall, and I have no idea if the owner even recognizes me although they feel like old friends because I see them out walking so often.

And my dentist ran a 1:27 at the HM this past weekend. Smile

Nice post, LRB.

SheCan

Ahhhh, I just loved reading this!  This is exactly how running these favorite routes feel. Thanks for posting.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Ric-G

nice thoughts rick, really enjoyed reading this.

It really is amazing the details you pick up on when you run the same route on a regular basis.  Smile

marathon pr - 3:16

You Rang?

Nicely put.  I recently moved into a bigger house.  It was not a big move, It was less than 5 miles and simply across town.  About a week before moving day, I realized two things:  1.  I would miss my old running route and 2.  I would need to find a new one.  On my last run around the old route, I waxed a bit sentimental.  The old route is where I 'learned' to run. It is where the habit formed.  It is where I realized the mental and physical health benefits of regular exercise,

Like my new neighborhood and house, my new route is way better than the old one.  No cars, more runners, and more people generally.  Views of the crashing waves and the ocean.  It's very nice.  But when I drive by the old 'hood, I remember the countless hours spent running on those sidewalks and smile a bit inside.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)