Beginners and Beyond

It's my first Fridalies (Read 54 times)

So, my final pre-race Sunday run is scheduled for 10-12 w/4-6 at GMP. I have been doing the high end of the range. However we are out of town this weekend and it might be tough to squeeze in anything other than a short one. Should I move it to Monday? Ordinarily I wouldn't see a problem, but IDK if moving it one day closer to the race is a bad idea. Otherwise I can just get what I get and move on. Not sure it matters too much at this point, as long as I don't hurt myself.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Can you do it tomorrow?

Docket_Rocket

So, my final pre-race Sunday run is scheduled for 10-12 w/4-6 at GMP. I have been doing the high end of the range. However we are out of town this weekend and it might be tough to squeeze in anything other than a short one. Should I move it to Monday? Ordinarily I wouldn't see a problem, but IDK if moving it one day closer to the race is a bad idea. Otherwise I can just get what I get and move on. Not sure it matters too much at this point, as long as I don't hurt myself.

Is the race Sunday?  I don't see a huge difference between Sunday and Monday if the race is Sunday.  However, I would do 10 instead of the 12 if you do it Monday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Can you do it tomorrow?

Tomorrow is probably even more likely only time for a short one. Plus I just did a hard one today.

Dave

Is the race Sunday?  I don't see a huge difference between Sunday and Monday if the race is Sunday.  However, I would do 10 instead of the 12 if you do it Monday.

Yes, Sunday. I was thinking along those lines.

Dave

oldfartrunner

That's what I was thinking too.

Onemile: Looking at your Half PR, and Marathon PR, I agree with the others that you should be able to do that fairly easy this cycle.

GOOD LUCK ALL YOU RACERS!!!

oldfartrunner

9.6 with 5 x 1 mile + 3 x 200. Plan called for the miles at 8:40-8:56. ROFL. I haven't hit that over an entire 5k in a while. They were at HM-ish pace. Good enough.

Nice job, although I wouldn't do 5x1 mile @ 5K pace!  That's like a college runner workout that is doing 80mpw!  And not sure many would do 1 miles, maybe 400-800s for 5 miles worth. Or it would be 10K pace for 5-6 miles. I'd say you made the right call.

Coastal

Good luck to those racing this weekend.  Looking forward to seeing how you do.

Cyberic

Nice job, although I wouldn't do 5x1 mile @ 5K pace!  

Me either.