Beginners and Beyond

Bodybuilders And Running... (Read 164 times)

Running doesn't necessarily make one a stick. Yo tengo culo grande.

Greek, Jewish...Spanish too? You are our new UN Ambassador.

Dave

Greek, Jewish...Spanish too? You are our new UN Ambassador.

The Hades, I am. I would make a horrible diplomat. I tell people what I actually think when they ask me what I think. I already get into enough trouble with my mother.

Better I Leave

The Hades, I am. I would make a horrible diplomat. I tell people what I actually think when they ask me what I think. I already get into enough trouble with my mother.

That all depends. Screw diplomacy. Brutal honesty is what we need today....but can you kick some ass is what I wanna know. **grin**

If the answer is yes...then you've got my vote for ambassador. Cool

Trail Monster

I decided to add weight to my squats on Tuesday. I cut my run short Wednesday and again today. I think I may not be ready for this...

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Better I Leave

I decided to add weight to my squats on Tuesday. I cut my run short Wednesday and again today. I think I may not be ready for this...

Did you burn your legs a bit too much? If you've been just doing squats without weight and then went too heavy, you'll definitely be hurting for a couple of days. May I ask how heavy you went? I always recommend going light for a couple of weeks as to the motion (and "pre-conditioning" as I like to call it) before attempting any serious weight.

Dad on the run.

Do women even find this attractive? I mean I wouldn't mine being cut, but this just looks abnormal.

Approaching the Mr. Olympia contest, this guy does 45 minutes of cardio in the morning and evening, though admittedly he's a stairclimber addict.  No running here.  No shortage of testosterone either....though there might be a little pharmaceutical help going on.  Big grin

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

I find this topic quite interesting.  I have been weight training pretty regularly on and off (mostly on) for about 15 years.  When I started exercising, I typically lifted weights 3 times a week, and I would do 20 minutes of cardio as a warmup usually, sometimes running on the treadmill.  Off days, I might do spin class, yoga, etc.

When I took up running competitively a few years ago, I let my weight training go a bit.  I was pretty inconsistent with it.

Now I am letting the pendulum swing back some.  I love how I look and feel with regular weight training, so I am trying to find a good balance.  I am working out more now than I ever have in my life, trying to fit it all in.  I really enjoy it, but I do hope I am not wasting my time (like running off my calories and not gaining any muscle from my lifting).

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Better I Leave

Do women even find this attractive? I mean I wouldn't mine being cut, but this just looks abnormal.

It is abnormal. Most women do not, some do. There are varying degrees of bodybuilding. Male fitness models bodybuild, but they don't go to the extreme(s) the competitive bodybuilders do.

Better I Leave

I find this topic quite interesting.  I have been weight training pretty regularly on and off (mostly on) for about 15 years.  When I started exercising, I typically lifted weights 3 times a week, and I would do 20 minutes of cardio as a warmup usually, sometimes running on the treadmill.  Off days, I might do spin class, yoga, etc.

When I took up running competitively a few years ago, I let my weight training go a bit.  I was pretty inconsistent with it.

Now I am letting the pendulum swing back some.  I love how I look and feel with regular weight training, so I am trying to find a good balance.  I am working out more now than I ever have in my life, trying to fit it all in.  I really enjoy it, but I do hope I am not wasting my time (like running off my calories and not gaining any muscle from my lifting).

I've always considered myself first and foremost a lifter. Since my injury I've come to really enjoy running and will now keep it as a regular part of my regimen. I am however getting back into lifting now that my bicep is almost healed.

I've always considered myself first and foremost a lifter. Since my injury I've come to really enjoy running and will now keep it as a regular part of my regimen. I am however getting back into lifting now that my bicep is almost healed.

What kind of weekly mileage are you considering maintaining?  I consider myself a runner who weight trains.  My running has and will continue to take priority this year.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Better I Leave

What kind of weekly mileage are you considering maintaining?  I consider myself a runner who weight trains.  My running has and will continue to take priority this year.

By May I'd like to be running at least 30MPW.

That all depends. Screw diplomacy. Brutal honesty is what we need today....but can you kick some ass is what I wanna know. **grin**

If the answer is yes...then you've got my vote for ambassador. Cool

Of course I can. My daddy raised my properly. He always said that a woman isn't a proper lady if she can't kick a man's @$$.

WTH is that? My kind of a big gun is a .50 Desert Eagle.

Better I Leave

Of course I can. My daddy raised my properly. He always said that a woman isn't a proper lady if she can't kick a man's @$$.

**nods in approval**

You've got my vote...And I'll have your back. Wink **grin**

Better I Leave

Also keep in mind, these guys don't look like this "all the time". They bulk, they cut...and the drugs they use varies accordingly as does their diet. Wanna know a "dirty little secret"? They're at their "peak" when on stage...and often times, they're close to death. In some instances...They don't make it out of the stadium. They may "look" healthy...but nothing could be further from the truth...Just google "momo benaziza" and see for yourself.