Beginners and Beyond

Arise SunDAILIES! (Read 42 times)

LRB

First home treadmill run done!  It was a bit of an adventure getting it out of my friend's house (had to take off the front door!), into my FIL's truck, and into our garage.  Then I promptly tripped the GFCI outlets in the garage and in the bathroom trying to use it.  I got some emergency electrical advice from LRB and got it plugged into a wall socket inside via extension cord.  Then I ran a very nice 8.5 in the perfect-temperature garage.  The TM doesn't reset after an hour, next step is to figure out what happens after 99:99. Smile

Now we just need to find out where the stupid GFCI button is in the garage so that we can get the door open again!

It can be one of the exterior receptacles or any of the 50 inside the home and garage.

Docket_Rocket

That's great, Z.  Mine resets at 99:99 as well (or is 180, I don't recall).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Ugh, Sammy has been hiding under the bed since 5pm.  Her eye seems ill.  She has scratched it before so I assume she did so again.  But if she does not come out, I CANNOT CHECK!

A can of tuna oughta do the trick.

Zelanie

It can be one of the exterior receptacles or any of the 50 inside the home and garage.

Ugh.

My cat runs away from canned food.  Hopefully Sammy is not like that!

The TM doesn't reset after an hour, next step is to figure out what happens after 99:99. Smile

I have yet to test that limit on mine...never tried to take it past low-90's. I think they typically just restart at zero but the miles keep going.

Dave

LRB

Ugh.

My cat runs away from canned food.  Hopefully Sammy is not like that!

Who does that? Is your cat a vegetarian? lol

Zelanie

Who does that? Is your cat a vegetarian? lol

I used to have a really mean cat who would beat her up if she tried to get the wet food.  So now I think she is convinced that our other cat will reappear out of nowhere and beat her up if she tries to eat it.  You can literally chase her around the room with a can of wet food.

LRB

I used to have a really mean cat who would beat her up if she tried to get the wet food.  So now I think she is convinced that our other cat will reappear out of nowhere and beat her up if she tries to eat it.  You can literally chase her around the room with a can of wet food.

lol - the poor scarred thing.

B-Plus

It's really tempting to eat some junk food, but I think the carrot sticks are calling.

Ugh, Sammy has been hiding under the bed since 5pm.  Her eye seems ill.  She has scratched it before so I assume she did so again.  But if she does not come out, I CANNOT CHECK!

Crinkle a treat bag.  Instant cat.  Smile

LRB

The TM doesn't reset after an hour, next step is to figure out what happens after 99:99. Smile

Docket_Rocket

She is sleeping atop some clothes.  Her eye looked a bit better but I think she just wants to be left alone.  I might have to take her to the vet tomorrow unless I see her eye open.  Last time, she had a scratch almost the size of her eye.  They gave me some drops that made her eye look really cool (bigger iris than the other one).  We'll see tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page