Beginners and Beyond

TGIM Penguins! (Read 25 times)

SheCan

I'm sure it won't feel like a dream to me as I head into the first hill, LOL.  Hope you can do it one day!

Oh, man, they do have some major hills there, and it might be hard, but it'll be such an awesome experience for you.  Hopefully you'll get to see lots of the city both during and after the race.    And thank you sweetie!  I hope so.

Cherie

Don’t work harder than you can breathe,
    and you’ll never get out of breath.-- Johnny Nuguyen

kristin10185

I race in SparkleSkirts

yeah phase 1 is aerobic but it doesn't intimidate me much because it mostly calls for easy miles. And it is a mileage jump for me, but they give mile ranges for each run so I'm starting at the bottom end of each range. They also rank the runs in order of importance so if I need to skip one that is ok as long as I skip the least important one. It's the the other phases that will be new for me because I have not done the workouts in those phases before. But one step at a time!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:21:47 (10/12/13)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack Daniels Plan A is pretty flexible, but every week is based on a percentage of your peak mileage.  I'm going to try staying in the 50-55 mile range during the base building phase and see how I feel.  If I can handle 50-55 through that phase, then I might set my peak at 60.  I won't go above 60 for my first marathon though.  I think 50-55 is doable.  My legs felt great yesterday, and I've done quite a few weeks in the 45-48 mile range in the past.  If things start feeling a little rough, I might set the peak at 55.

Gustav- Very nice mileage for the week, congrats!

Awood- That's an astonishing base mileage! How does your marathon plan peak?

Docket- 80 miles, good Lord. Speechless. I'm excited for your marathon, this is the SF one right?

Jerry- Very productive weekend indeed, have fun at the health club later.

Kristin- Enjoy your rest day. How does a 20 mile week compare to your previous weeks?

Zelanie- Sorry about your knee trouble. Plus side, it seems to be a 3 steps forward 1 step back kind of deal?

Bin- Enjoy your RD! Vacation again? Nice! Bali sounds awesome.

Lauren- Nice work on your run/walk intervals!

Ginny- I've always wanted to run in the rain, but for 2 1/2 hours? That doesn't sound much fun.

Fitfatboy- 96 miles. Wow. *Bow*. I'm glad you rested yesterday! Enjoy your 6-7 Smile

Not sure what the plan is for today. I'm on the treadmill now at .... 4.2 miles. Keeping it at 5mph and being good. Brought my laptop as I'm bored of my iPod music and trying Pandora. Hip feels a touch tight, but nothing like last week. I think the 2 days rest did me good.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

St. Jude's Hero Profile

Jerryb49

60 Day DL

Went to Gym after work and then DW cancelled the SRD when I came home.  I'm afraid I've  created a monster.

Feel better Scott....

First HM :     Covenant Health Knoxville HM 4/2013 2:24 

Last HM :     Michelob ULTRA Miami HM 2:31

Next HM :     TBD

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Not a bad problem to have Jerry.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

St. Jude's Hero Profile

Bin Running

Scotty, get well soon..

Jerry, be a bigger monster.. haa

Awood, what's the longest run on your plan?

2014 races

2XU HM - 02 Mar (1:44:55)

BeHero 10K (Hong Kong) - 23 Mar (46:13)

JP Morgan 5.6K - 24 Apr

Run350 HM - 27 Apr

Sundown 10K - 31 May

Sundown HM - 31 May

Pocari Sweat 10K - 08 Jun